49ers great move!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea, niners finally get a winning coach & get rid of him .... What the?

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Harbaugh wouldnt have stuck around anyhow. Hes a team builder, sticks around for 4-5 yrs, packs his bags and moves on.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yall remember when he was a QB in the '95 championship game against Pittsburgh?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
49ers got rid of Jim Harbaugh for this stumblebum (Jim Tomsula)?
The guy might be the next big thing in coaching for what little I know about him. But really, being able to interview that poorly may get you overlook for the fry guy at Micky "D"s.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-grunty-in-his-first-interview-231453338.html

Obviously its the W's that will tell the tale, but wow this guy could use some public speaking coaching for certain. Part of being a coach in the NFL is representing the team to the media (like it or not). I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll get more polished with experience.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I see your point Snake and NS he does need some practice, but he should have went into Bobby Knight/Jim Everett mode on the pencil neck geek asking the questions. Just saying. Those are not the questions I expect from quality journalists. That has absolutely nothing to do with the game. Give him some time he will adjust hopefully.

Todays media and the whole beauty pageant persona expected of the coaches and players for that matter, its about the game, the players and if he can earn their respect and get them to go to war for him. Thats all I want from the coaches and players.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Fresh blood is good. Like Alpha said Harbaugh is a team builder, an asshole, but a team builder. I think P. Manning is going down the road! Great player, great guy, but I think it may be time. Kubiak may also me a good fit for Denver head coach. Any comments?

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Personally, the only thing that matters to me are results. Tomsula obviously isn't use to all the bullshit that comes with being a HC. But, if he wins games nobody will care. Bill Belichick is an awful interview and he gets along ok. I don't blame Tomsula, I would hate answering those idiots question too. If press conferences mattered Rex Ryan would be the greatest head coach ever, but they don't and he's a career 46-50 as HC.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Personally, the only thing that matters to me are results. Tomsula obviously isn't use to all the bullshit that comes with being a HC. But, if he wins games nobody will care. Bill Belichick is an awful interview and he gets along ok. I don't blame Tomsula, I would hate answering those idiots question too. If press conferences mattered Rex Ryan would be the greatest head coach ever, but they don't and he's a career 46-50 as HC.

good point dude. looks like we're gonna be hiring Dan Quinn from Seattle. Hope it works out.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
good point dude. looks like we're gonna be hiring Dan Quinn from Seattle. Hope it works out.

I think Quinn would be a great hire for the Falcons. Sounds like it's almost a done deal, just waiting til the Seahawks season is over. They might finally start playing some defense in Atlanta.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think Quinn would be a great hire for the Falcons. Sounds like it's almost a done deal, just waiting til the Seahawks season is over. They might finally start playing some defense in Atlanta.

yeah that's the main thing we've been lacking for many years.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Bill Belichick is an awful interview and he gets along ok.

If press conferences mattered Rex Ryan would be the greatest head coach ever, but they don't and he's a career 46-50 as HC.

I think Billy Boy commands a little more respect for the job he has done, and is doing. But I get ya. Ryan's just a side show when he opens his mouth.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Fukers...nobody cares about west teams!...lol