Stop the bullshit, Im bulking. Im in need of advice, not maths

Fruity

Reaction score
To gain big mass muscle I need to eat at a caloric surplus, that surplus needs be no bigger then 400 calories.

Im hearing a lot of bodybuilders need Carbohydrates too.

I understand the calorie and the protein bit, but where do Carbohydrates get into the equation ??

And if I really need them, how many do I need ?

Until now iv just been keeping track of calories and protein.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
2g per pound of bodyweight is a decent place to start.

wabbitt

Elite
Reaction score
Think of carbs as the fuel. Your body needs energy to build muscle and to get through grueling workouts. They also keep your brain functioning. I mean, I think that's a good thing.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol this guy. " Im in need of advice, not math" ok, here's my advice, shut the fuk up and EAT you fukin pussy!!! Just eat! from the moment you get out of bed till the moment you go to sleep. EAT! EAT! EAT!

Canadian muscle

Reaction score
2 g of protein per pound, 3-4 grams of carbs per pound, and the rest fats. most your fats should be coming from whole eggs, and meat. There is not really a need for added fats when you are eating that much

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
2 g of protein per pound, 3-4 grams of carbs per pound, and the rest fats. most your fats should be coming from whole eggs, and meat. There is not really a need for added fats when you are eating that much

Ummm maybe you didn't read his post. He doesn't care about the math.

Reaction score

Really, that much?

Seems a waste of money, your body cant use all that.

I maintain 215lbs at 10% bf max on 150gms a day max.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Remind me to ask for the math if I ever request info from Seek! :32 (20):

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
To gain big mass muscle I need to eat at a caloric surplus, that surplus needs be no bigger then 400 calories.

Im hearing a lot of bodybuilders need Carbohydrates too.

I understand the calorie and the protein bit, but where do Carbohydrates get into the equation ??

And if I really need them, how many do I need ?

Until now iv just been keeping track of calories and protein.

hey bro, if you have been keeping track of calories and proteins up until now, how is that done without math? if you don't calculate anything, you're just guessing. guessing doesn't get you anywhere. .02

Fruity

Reaction score
Alright.

Im 180 pounds. So 180 times that by 2 and Iv got my daily intake of protein. 360 gram of protein.
Im 180 pounds. So times that by 4 and Iv got my daily intake of carbs. 720 carbs.

I can understand the carb bit but holy moley 360 g of protein, for real ?

And also where are the calories in this beautiful maths mess ?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That would be 520g protein for me. Not a chance lol

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Alright.

Im 180 pounds. So 180 times that by 2 and Iv got my daily intake of protein. 360 gram of protein.
Im 180 pounds. So times that by 4 and Iv got my daily intake of carbs. 720 carbs.

180g protein would be sufficient. And 2g carbs should be enough per pound of bw.

To understand calories multiply carb grams x 4 and protein grams times 4 and fat g by 9. Add up and that's cals.

So 180 x 4 = protein calories.

Fruity

Reaction score
I think i can take quite a few carbs and protein of my intake as because most of my weight is just fat, especially the belly.
Am i right thinking this ?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think i can take quite a few carbs and protein of my intake as because most of my weight is just fat, especially the belly.
Am i right thinking this ?
Probably. We are just giving you a starting number. You need to adjust the number up or down to keep the scale moving in the direction you want.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You said you wanted to bulk, not maintain 10 percent body fat. And if you think your body can't handle that much protien and carbs while bulking then you're probably not training hard enoug .

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love spreadsheets

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
You said you wanted to bulk, not maintain 10 percent body fat. And if you think your body can't handle that much protien and carbs while bulking then you're probably not training hard enoug .
Off the subject, but where ya been Jax? Haven't seen much of ya brother!

AndyUk

Reaction score
N
Alright.

When I started working out, My main goal was to keep things real simple,
Ok if your goal is competing then I would suggest a logged daily meal planner would be crucial,
Along with a training journal, etc etc.
My goal was to start off was to accumulate as much natural tissue as I could, obviously I kept a mental note, what works what doesn't,
Etc etc, including training & excercises,
I would eat everything eating regularly every 2-3 hrs plus a pint of milk inbetween eating (upto 7pints daily).
I trained on a 3day wk routine 1st yr, 4day split 2nd yr,
Then every other day 3rd yr,
I paid close attention to squats alternating ass to heels deep squats 20-30reps for My sets
With parallel squats 6reps, occasionally 2-3rmax,
It's about
Food, where talking over 5-6 meals here,
2-4 sweet potato
3-4 cups cooked whole grain rice
800g loaf wholemeal bread (snack this twice between meals with cold meat/cheese, wash
Down with pint milk in between, & pint milk inbetween meals)
Man I could eat for ten people lol lol
If YA really serious (and Brave) try My protein shake post-workout,
All the Best.

New Threads