Clenbuterol pharmacokinetics

Reaction score
As I know it's common to use clen 2 weeks before a 2 weeks break as after the 2 weeks of taking clen seems to stop working. Is it really true? From my own experience today I've noticed that clen stops speeding my heart rate significantly but when I was doing the hiit it seems to improve the thermogesis MUCH better than before! The shakes and tremors also stopped do show up. The run seems to be smoother and easier than before. Is it normal? How long does it make sense for the clen to be used continously (from your experiences)?

As I knew clen is know to cause heart damage in some men.
Please advice me how often is it safe to do the HIIT on clen changing it over with LSD time after time? What should be the minimal break for the heart to regenerate? What limits should I respect?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just replied to this post but I guess it didn't go through. I personally don't do HIIT while on clen, or my heart wants to explode. I've had amazing results with moderate cardio and focusing more on diet than anything. Equal time off as on, I don't do more than 2 weeks at a time.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
You are talking about pharmacodynamics not pharmacokinetics.

Anyway, it's not bc the clen stops working bc it will continue to work. You do 2wks on and 2wks off bc the beta-2 adrenergic receptors can and will down-regulate. This means the number of receptors will decrease which leads to less and less of a biologic or physiologic effect. The clen doesn't stop working at this point but there aren't enough receptors to have the same effect it did previously.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I should add that supplementing with ketotifen allows you to stay on clen for longer than 2 weeks (anywhere from 6-8 weeks IME).

If your doing HIIT properly (going balls to the wall on the high part) then it has to be considered unwise to continue with it while supplementing with clen for a significant period of time due to the potential consequences for your heart. Unless your only doing 1 session per week or something.

Reaction score
It's not enough to rise up the dose after the initial 2 weeks? What about the thermogenic effect after the two weeks? It's only my illussion that this one seems to improve during the workout?

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
It's not enough to rise up the dose after the initial 2 weeks? What about the thermogenic effect after the two weeks? It's only my illussion that this one seems to improve during the workout?

Why would you raise the dose after down regulating the receptors? That means there are less receptors available to activate requiring less of a dose to have the same effect. Increasing the dose would just increase sides but not effectiveness.

Reaction score
When using drugs downregulating the receptors means the incredible need to increase the dose since the receptors have to be stimulated harder than before to achieve the same result. Don't you agree? It seems obvious for myself.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When using drugs downregulating the receptors means the incredible need to increase the dose since the receptors have to be stimulated harder than before to achieve the same result. Don't you agree? It seems obvious for myself.
Exact opposite of what you state. Imagine these receptors are living organisms and you have only one hundred of them. You ingest clen which attaches to the receptor. After 2 weeks the receptor can't take all the excitement and kills itself.

Now take that same amount of clen with only 25 receptors left alive. There is nothing for the clen to attach to. Therefore you are simply wasting clen and getting no benefit.

Instead, wait two weeks and you now have new receptors to join the party.

Totally over simplified. but you get the point.

Reaction score
I can see your point perfectly. But there is something like "overstimulation" yet. If there's not it would be impossible to overdose any drug since too much amount of the drug would be unable to act too intensively.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
I can see your point perfectly. But there is something like "overstimulation" yet. If there's not it would be impossible to overdose any drug since too much amount of the drug would be unable to act too intensively.

This is not how drugs work. Drugs don't kill through overdose bc of their biological activity or acting too intensely as you put it. Drugs can kill bc of the amount in the blood or blood levels independently of their activity or binding to a receptor.

Reaction score
When the level of a drug in the blood is too high the receptors are stimulated in shorter periods of time causing biological effect to increase. When f.e. a beta or alpha receptor agonist level is too high then the heart is overaccelerated that may cause cardiac arrest. This is how drugs kill from what I know.

A drug user is taking more drugs when the tolerance becomes higher just to overstimulate the receptors that he has yet and experience more signifficant effect. From what you've said I would see the opposite situation.

Last edited:

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
When the level of a drug in the blood is too high the receptors are stimulated in shorter periods of time causing biological effect to increase. When f.e. a beta or alpha receptor agonist level is too high then the heart is overaccelerated that may cause cardiac arrest. This is how drugs kill from what I know.

A drug user is taking more drugs when the tolerance becomes higher just to overstimulate the receptors that he has yet and experience more signifficant effect. From what you've said I would see the opposite situation.

Once again this is not how drugs work. You said it would be impossible to OD bc of receptor down regulation which is not the case.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You need a better understanding of the negative feedback loop

Reaction score
Damn good info on this topic. How many 2 week on, 2 week off periods can i do and maintain positive results. I have a good bit of belly fat, and I'm back in the gym, only limited work outs, due to serious foot injury.

New Threads