Hello, I'm new here! And so new with this forum posting.

Yomand101

Lady Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new here and new at this forum stuff. Haha, totally posted this in the wrong spot.... But I yhink I've got it now.. Opps. :) I've read a lot of different forums, yet none of which I thought were of any value to actually join. However, coming across this one striked me as.. Well kinda cool. Everyone seems legit and cool, which is different from what I found with any others. So, I'm here to hopefully gain more knowledge. One thing that kinda of makes me nervous is well... I'm female lol :) and so my states are not quit as good as most here. I'm hoping there's more like me around. A little background.. I'm 35, been lifting for a few years... And love it!! I also do some Crossfit. I play around with a lot. I'm 5'3 and sitting at 150lbs. My body fat is not that great not sure exactly guessing high 20's. I max deadlift 305, back squat 235, and I just hit a 105 strict press this morning which I was excited about. I also got my first strict handstand pushup... Finally, been working on them forever! I'm getting ready to enter into another competition, which I'm excited for. Ok, I think I've rambled enough for now! I'm excited to be here,meet new people, and expand my knowledge. Thanks for having me!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UGB! Those are some impressive numbers!

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you have some pics we can estimate your body fat %. Welcome to the best board around!!

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground..... I wont hold crossfit against you yet because you may not know any better......good numbers!

Yomand101

Lady Member
Reaction score
That's a great idea. I don't currently have any as I kinda hate pics of myself. I'm strong, yet sometimes don't feel like it or don't seem to look like it. It gets frustrating training with friends or when I look around and don't look like the others. Everyone looks so defined and I don't. :( Yet, I can lift way more. lol, my worst spot is in my mid section for sure. I know my diet could always be better for that. I also take thyroid medication, have for years. It's a genetic crap shoot for me. Both my mom and my older sister has had theirs removed, mine hasn't had to so far. I am also insulin resistant, I don't take anything for that. But my mom and sister do. Yep, so I got a crap shoot with genetics, which I'm always trying to figure out how to work with it. However, the other side of it is my dads, which I love! Straight up power house. Short, stocky, and powerful strong legs. He's been a bodybuilder his whole life, yet getting older now. He's always been my inspiration. I'll get a friend to get some pics and post as soon as possible if it could help me out! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yomand101

Lady Member
Reaction score
Haha, I get that a lot actually. And I understand, believe it or not I don't do a lot of what is CrossFit. Some is good and some is not. I do a little of everything. :)

Paolos

Reaction score
Yomand101 Sounds like you have a good work ethic and that goes a long way. Keep working and searching and you
will break the genetic code of what works for you. I see you did not mention anything about diet, and I would be willing to bet
that is the biggest issue. We have a lot of members here with great advice on meeting goals thru proper nutrition.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Wow! You are a power-house! Those are pretty impressive numbers, great work. I also think its awesome that your dad inspired you to take your fitness seriously, thats cool. Welcome to the UG! I started in the Diet and Nutrition section and found it super helpful......

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
I already welcomed you on the other intro post.

pharmacist

Elite
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new here and new at this forum stuff. Haha, totally posted this in the wrong spot.... But I yhink I've got it now.. Opps. :) I've read a lot of different forums, yet none of which I thought were of any value to actually join. However, coming across this one striked me as.. Well kinda cool. Everyone seems legit and cool, which is different from what I found with any others. So, I'm here to hopefully gain more knowledge. One thing that kinda of makes me nervous is well... I'm female lol :) and so my states are not quit as good as most here. I'm hoping there's more like me around. A little background.. I'm 35, been lifting for a few years... And love it!! I also do some Crossfit. I play around with a lot. I'm 5'3 and sitting at 150lbs. My body fat is not that great not sure exactly guessing high 20's. I max deadlift 305, back squat 235, and I just hit a 105 strict press this morning which I was excited about. I also got my first strict handstand pushup... Finally, been working on them forever! I'm getting ready to enter into another competition, which I'm excited for. Ok, I think I've rambled enough for now! I'm excited to be here,meet new people, and expand my knowledge. Thanks for having me!

Nice intro! Welcome to UGBB !

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, if u have any question please feel free to ask anyone... our leaders are bigherm, pillarofbalace, and spongy

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn those are some good lifts!

Don't worry about posting in the wrong thread or anything like that. We can usually fix anything for you :)

New Threads