Training twice a day

Reaction score
Morningzzz...

Ok so I started traininh twice a day about two months ago to bring up lagging body parts and got some results.. But when i did this i was on cycle and now im a natty so to say for a while. Im still doing the same routine but im starting to think i wont get the same effect or results as when i was on cycle ( recovering and growth )

So any input on this from the natty or off cycle point of view?

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Unless you're pretty advanced enough that you need long enough workouts to justify 2-a-days I wouldn't do them. Unless you mean to separate your cardio and lifting in which case that wouldn't be a bad idea.

Reaction score
Unless you're pretty advanced enough that you need long enough workouts to justify 2-a-days I wouldn't do them. Unless you mean to separate your cardio and lifting in which case that wouldn't be a bad idea.
Ok for example what i've been doing is as follow

Day 1 - chest early morning
- triceps and calves late afternoon

Day 2 - back early morning
- biceps and abs

Day 3 - legs early morning

Day 4 - shoulders early morning
- upper chest and calves late afternoon

Day 5 - arms and abs early morning
- lower back and pullups and hiit cardio

Day 6 - rest

Day 7 - rest

Doing this i got nice growth on my triceps but not so much my biceps. Calves also developed more and got more shape and defined.. Back also more defined and stronger..

But all this was on cycle so obviously the aas helped a lot with recovery and so on..

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do more curls for the girls!!! Bicepts you can do twice a week depending on how quick you recover.

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look bad.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do more curls for the girls!!! Bicepts you can do twice a week depending on how quick you recover.

why would you do bi's twice a week when you are hitting them with almost everything else you do?????

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Theres no need to train twice a day. Muscles grow in recovery not in training

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just love doing Bicepts. I love the pump of it, that's why I do them twice a week. Yes other excercises use them, but after I'm done doing them then I like to finish with bi's. Ie. Sunday-back, Monday Chest, Today was legs, bi's. Tomorrow is back and tri's. Friday will be light chest, bi's.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just love doing Bicepts. I love the pump of it, that's why I do them twice a week. Yes other excercises use them, but after I'm done doing them then I like to finish with bi's. Ie. Sunday-back, Monday Chest, Today was legs, bi's. Tomorrow is back and tri's. Friday will be light chest, bi's.

you know that's ghey right........................................................;)

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awe Jenner I thought we were friends, what's with the hostility?:32 (8): Don't you have a favorite muscle or group that you like to do? Quads, calves, tri's, back, abs, etc.

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I in vision if I had nothing else to do like say I became rich and retired I would work out twice a day at my leisure like maybe some cardio and abs in the morn and my weight training later that day but until I don't have to get up at 4am to make this work I don't see it working out for me

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awe Jenner I thought we were friends, what's with the hostility?:32 (8): Don't you have a favorite muscle or group that you like to do? Quads, calves, tri's, back, abs, etc.

lol, I like it all but once a week is enough ;)

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wish I could do legs twice a week then maybe I wouldn't have chicken legs. lol. That's always been my problem. I hate leg day b/c I'm sore the rest of the week. I'm trying to slowly build them back up now.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You can do legs twice a week.

Mon legs...
tuesday back
wed shoulders chest
thursday legs
friday off
sat tris and bis
sunday off

Boom done

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I lived on the beach and bummed it for a few years I trained twice a day. Wake up, eat, go lift around 9am, go to beach and hang out, do stuff, eat all day, go bwck to gym around 7or so, lift, go out, get laid, go to sleep, wake up, repeat.

curtisvill

Elite
Reaction score

This is what I used to do, fasted cardio in the morning and lifting in the afternoon.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I lived on the beach and bummed it for a few years I trained twice a day. Wake up, eat, go lift around 9am, go to beach and hang out, do stuff, eat all day, go bwck to gym around 7or so, lift, go out, get laid, go to sleep, wake up, repeat.

This is my retirement plan.

Reaction score
Thanx for all the advice and input so far. Will go back to training once a day but still hitting arms twice a week... Starting a cycle soon so let's see.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Only time training twice a day IMO would be if u were to do ur scheduled training and maybe before bed do 100 push ups..