lower back pain

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
Hey sluts

So this usually happens to me post back day ( or should I say just after deads) But my lower back is literly dead. Some times I can't bend over to put on my shoes.

I have tried stretching and foam rolling before , during, and after still doesn't help. I sleep on a heating pad some times to try n help

I should also mention I'm doing touch n go. Never more then 8 reps at the most. 95% of gym don't let you just drop n reset. I was just kicked out of one for that last year ha.

I think the slow decline to the ground is one of the main Factors but I could be wrong.. Any suggestions

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine someone deadlifting 225 for a few reps is having back pains...

Couple things to try:

Work your abs frequently
Stretch your hips out
Let your low back recover - avoid bb rows, squats etc...
Find a real gym where you are allowed to training properly. Touch and go deadlifting is not going to benefit your tennis game.

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
Pinky, don't arch your back so much when your girl is behind you

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Without video I'm going to guess it's form and your using more back then legs.

Last edited:

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
have your tried really stretching your hamstrings out good? I use to suffer lower back pain for a while and it turns out my hammys were tight and not getting stretched enough.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
have your tried really stretching your hamstrings out good? I use to suffer lower back pain for a while and it turns out my hammys were tight and not getting stretched enough.

Actually when I set up to pull I grab the bar and keep my legs straight and stretch my hammies for about 10-15 sec before each set.

But I will try stretching them more

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Actually when I set up to pull I grab the bar and keep my legs straight and stretch my hammies for about 10-15 sec before each set.

But I will try stretching them more

You have to really stretch them good. Maybe even a few times a day. That's what I ended up doing and it helped a ton.

Redrum1327

Elite
Reaction score
I use the Teeter-hang up and my back pain is gone !!!!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
do a few dumbbell deads inbetween sets, dumbbels held in front of ur legs, not to the sides, straight legged, really helped me stretch out my hammies

or make a chiropractic app....and see if they see anything?

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pink, i have lower back problems if i aggravate i can bulge the lower disks of my back. One thing i will say is stop the fukn touch and go DL's. Either find a different gym, or tell ure gym u dont give a shit bexause its ure health.
Do band stretches, foam roll, leg swings and get yourself fully warmed up......

TheExperiment

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I use the Teeter-hang up and my back pain is gone !!!!

I was about to recommend the same thing. I know people who swear by the Teeter Hang-Up and use it multiple times a week and they say their lower back pain disappears.

I need to buy me one but they are kind of expensive (for my budget at least, lol).

halfwit

Elite
Reaction score
Hey Pink, where do you look when doing your deadlifts? Picking a spot on the ceiling to keep your neck and spine aligned really can help if it's a form issue.

Looking to the sides with a load on those spinal erectors is bad juju.

My .02c :)

Redrum1327

Elite
Reaction score
I was about to recommend the same thing. I know people who swear by the Teeter Hang-Up and use it multiple times a week and they say their lower back pain disappears.

I need to buy me one but they are kind of expensive (for my budget at least, lol).

I was quoting the commercial bro i have never really used one LOL

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm almost 100% sure you are deadlifting with a anterior pelvic tilt. You should be finishing the lift with a posterior tilt.

Anterior tilt: like when a chick tries to stick her ass out to impress a dude.
Posterior tilt: dude was impressed with a chicks ass and is banging her-- when he thrusts...posterior tilt.

New Threads