gatlinburg 21 may results

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i sucked,completely bombed out, i present this info to help other powerlifters. in the end though it does not matter why you miss either you make it or you don't.
1. have had a sinus infection for a couple of weeks, got a shot in the ass at the doc's yesterday and antibiotics, thought i could power thru it, not hardly, almost did not go was running a fever last night and should have backed out but i am hard headed
2. did not respect my opener, was all ready looking at my 2nd lift. opener was normally good for a double, on hand off it was like i had no strength,it crushed me, judge said i had the pegs too high and flattened my back, also no leg drive.
2nd try i did not wait for lockout command, stupid mental error
3rd try i pressed it up ok then i just lost control of the weight and it started to fall towards my legs with my arms still locked out, not really sure except by this time i had lost all confidence
3. did not monitor my blood sugar close enough, i was shaky cause of low blood sugar, might have contributed to mental error
4. let myself drop too much weight, the past 2 weeks i have had no appetite with this sinus thing, i normally like to be over 245 then cut to just under 240 i weighed in with no cut in street clothes at 234, i am thinking about dropping to the 220 class, trying to maintain weight is just as hard as dieting to lose weight
5. stomach cramps, not sure why but the past 2 day's i have been hurting, maybe antibiotic is upsetting things

next meet is mid may, i say good by to the 50-54 age group and move on to the new class

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow that blows... sounds like you should have just stayed home man. Brutal conditions

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Respect for trying to gut through it, Mate. There will be other comps.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That much weight loss had a bad effect on me too Kenny. Kudos to you for even going brother. Keep your head up, get back on the horse and do it again.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You gutted that shit out Kenny! Props for getting on the platform under those conditions. You'll kill it next time!

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry ken. Shitty conditions. Bombing out blows. Ask me how I know....

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ken we all know how hard you work brother. Bad day man, but you know what there will be more meets and you get it brother. Respect to you and how far you have come over the past year.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
my bad.....You dont look a day over 150 if that makes u feel better.....

Last edited:

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's because I wasn't there this time lol. Nah all bullshitting aside as mentioned above, props for even going man. I bombed out on squat at my last one and it's a very shitty feeling after you've worked so hard. You'll get them next time. What makes you want to cut to 220 though? Hell I'm 232lbs right now and trying like hell to get up to 240ish. Had a stomach virus a couple of weeks ago and about shit myself to death so that set me back pretty bad. Sounds like you were just sickly and had a bad day brother. Just keep working hard.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's because I wasn't there this time lol. Nah all bullshitting aside as mentioned above, props for even going man. I bombed out on squat at my last one and it's a very shitty feeling after you've worked so hard. You'll get them next time. What makes you want to cut to 220 though? Hell I'm 232lbs right now and trying like hell to get up to 240ish. Had a stomach virus a couple of weeks ago and about shit myself to death so that set me back pretty bad. Sounds like you were just sickly and had a bad day brother. Just keep working hard.
i am glad you were not their, it was embarrassing, i am just getting to know a lot of people in spf and well,, i was embarrassed, if i would have failed at a heavy weight that would have been 1 thing, but well ,, you know. interesting thing was a lot of guys missed their opener's and a lot bombed out. i know my mind was not in the game , even ammonia did not wake me up

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i am glad you were not their, it was embarrassing, i am just getting to know a lot of people in spf and well,, i was embarrassed, if i would have failed at a heavy weight that would have been 1 thing, but well ,, you know. interesting thing was a lot of guys missed their opener's and a lot bombed out. i know my mind was not in the game , even ammonia did not wake me up

you'll bounce back big, brother. use it for motivation.

New Threads