Deadlift Stuck at 525 lbs

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
get you some chains homie. i'm a firm believer in them. everyone is different but no one will ever tell me that chains won't make anyone stronger. use them for about 4-6 weeks and when you take them off you should be ripping heavy weight off of the floor like it's your job.

Ezskanken

Reaction score
get you some chains homie. i'm a firm believer in them. everyone is different but no one will ever tell me that chains won't make anyone stronger. use them for about 4-6 weeks and when you take them off you should be ripping heavy weight off of the floor like it's your job.

I've always liked the idea of what chains or bands do for any movement. I think the people who work in the gym would shit themselves if I dragged in some chains lol. I lift on base and don't want to do anything to spark conversation. I mean I've seen them get shitty over someone using chalk lol. Granted they made a mess of the area, and were dropping the weight on the platform, but I just rather avoid being singled out. I did see somewhere they have those little chalk bags or something. Looks like it can hang from your waistband nicely, and not make such mess. I'm going to see if I can find that whatever it's called.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've always liked the idea of what chains or bands do for any movement. I think the people who work in the gym would shit themselves if I dragged in some chains lol. I lift on base and don't want to do anything to spark conversation. I mean I've seen them get shitty over someone using chalk lol. Granted they made a mess of the area, and were dropping the weight on the platform, but I just rather avoid being singled out. I did see somewhere they have those little chalk bags or something. Looks like it can hang from your waistband nicely, and not make such mess. I'm going to see if I can find that whatever it's called.

Just drag some chains in like you own the place and ask them if they're ready to become real men lol.

Paolos

Reaction score
Just drag some chains in like you own the place and ask them if they're ready to become real men lol.

Heavydeads you got me rollin in my cubicle...Picturing a guy dragging some heavy chains thru the front door of the gym
and down the walkway to the platform area...Love it!

JackC4

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

They just got some at my gym, nobody uses them but me and another guy.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

This is what I do...I used to sling them over my shoulders until SFG gave me the rolling cooler idea.

I bring all my own shit into the gym. And nobody is going to say shit to me. When they do...I just growl and keep walking.

E, I be you have a mental block at 525. Deload, and try to pull 530. Go from there.

Ezskanken

Reaction score
Yesterday was my "heavy" deads day. I worked on singles like you guys suggested. Since it was my first week back with the weight I just stuck to 405. 15 sets of 1 rep. Easy, but felt great. We'll see how these heavy singles go. Hopefully I can past 12 reps of 525 (old routine with 5 sets of 3 reps) in the coming months with this new 1 rep pulls.

Thanks everyone!

Sledge

Reaction score
I made some of my best dl gains by heavy deadlifting only in meets. In the gym I trained with box squats alternating bands and chains, and dynamic deadlifts using bands.

Reaction score
How I was taught when I was competing to get my weights up, was dead once a week on 4" and 6" blocks of wood.
You can go 120%, sometimes more over your max and I swear, the next time you do working sets, it feels lighter.
I actually raised my deadlift by 60 pounds in 3 weeks this way.

Reaction score
deadlifting with bands, on boxes and in the power rack has had some significant improvement in my max.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was my "heavy" deads day. I worked on singles like you guys suggested. Since it was my first week back with the weight I just stuck to 405. 15 sets of 1 rep. Easy, but felt great. We'll see how these heavy singles go. Hopefully I can past 12 reps of 525 (old routine with 5 sets of 3 reps) in the coming months with this new 1 rep pulls.

Thanks everyone!

Heavy singles means heavy singles. Not 15 singles at 80%

{'Calcul08'}

Lady Member
Reaction score
Have the same issue with being stuck on DLs (135kg max for now; can lift it confortably), been trying 137.5 for the past few weeks, it's frustratingly impossible.

So here's my plan; instead of going warming up with 60kg/15-20reps, then 100kg/6-10 reps, 120kg/max. 5 reps, 130kg/max 3reps, then 135/1rep, I'm going to warm up with the bare barbell, then straight to 100kg/max5, 130kg/max3, 135kg/max, and then try 137.5kg.

Perhaps, that might work.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Ever try deficit or snatch grip dl's? Maybe something to consider on you low intensity days...

Itburnstopee

Elite
Reaction score
Hey idk if you ever passed that number(don't wanna read through the thread) but here is my fix:

Don't deadlift for like five months ( I know I know wtf right)
Instead do heavy Tbar rows, heavy pendlay rows, and dumbbell rows. Switch dumbbell rows between light and heavy every other week, same with pendlay rows. Focus on getting those movements as strong as you can. Then go to deadlift.

It will probably be different for you since you already have the back strength/mass but it's what made me able to use my previous max as a working set.

Reaction score
I agree with Burns to Pee, for me taking time away from the deadlift and spending time strengthening the muscles involved in the pull was what helped me blast through a rut. Also when I came back to the deadlift I kept it real light 70% being my heaviest week and really focusing on speed and technique. Maybe have some film your lift, find where your missing the lift and again, spend the time away from pulling strengthening the muscles around where your missing

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
Do more hamstring work.
Build those up and your dead lift will go up quick

Last edited:

New Threads