High School female powerlifters make me cry

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I really highly doubt that very many of these kids are on gear....

I'd bet my left nut that 95% of their coaches would know if they were, and that 95% of their coaches would sit them down if they knew what was going on.

I have 2 sons, and if I caught either one of them juicing in HS, I would beat the piss out of them myself, see if their gear was any good, and take it myself.

I agree, I doubt it as well... They just have some damn-fine PL programs nowadays...

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I don't disagree. I just don't think it's all that prevalent in HS powerlifting. I'd bet it doesn't come close to the amount of juice HS football players are taking.

I'm not pointing this at you at all Seek, but I think since most of us jewce, we think that there aren't people out there who can lift serious weight without cycling, and that is simply not true.

Also, it looks like a lot of them might be in single-ply PL gear, and there was talk of bench shirts in the article. I don't know if it's a raw comp or not. It's still a ot of weight either way.

Actually, I think the article said that there was a rule against bench-shirts in Wisconsin (for HS), if I remember correctly...

GSgator

Reaction score
Not saying you have to juice to lift big but good lord weighting in at 123 and pulling up 965 and on top of that being a high school girl that right there is either a freak of nature or a juiced out little girl who will have her L1 thru L5 and S1-S2 herniated by college.

schultz1

Honorary VIP
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The 965 total at 123 is awesome. I have a 15yr old daughter prepping for her first meet now. I am not a fan of suits and wraps this young, especially for girls. Belts and knee sleeves are plenty, let all those support and stabilizer muscles work to get stronger. It will reap more benefits and reduce the chance of injury as they continue to get stronger. Jmo, it isnt worth anything. My daughter is a 103er and i think her total right now, raw is just shy of 400lbs. My hat is off to all of those young ladies.

Reaction score
Hey, a friend just forwarded this to me....

All these girls are power-houses and make me feel like a sissy, but scroll half-way down the page to Lauren Lent. She's in the 123 lb weight class and pulled a world record total of 965 lbs!!!!!! In High School.......... At 123 lbs................... wtf???? Talk about a serious BA!

lol for a second I thought you were saying she pulled a WR Deadlift of 965 lbs and I was pretty much shitting myself

New Threads