Newbie needs some guidance!

Reaction score
Hello UG! This is my first post on this forum, and I want to make it as impactful as possible. I'm not new to training, but new to body building. You see, I'm not looking for any money out of this sport, but rather the satisfaction of amazing aesthetics. Currently, my main goal is to have the six pack abs that I've always desired. I mix up my weight training and cardio during the week (I currently train on Tuesdays and Thursdays with my local Marine Corps recruiting center[I'm 17 btw]) so I do get in my cardio. What I'm asking exactly is for advice on how to lose my stubborn belly and side fat, but also build the bigger body I'm looking for, as well as develop strength. Any programs/ routines as well as any dietary suggestions will help tremendously.

To help you all better understand my situation. I'm 6'1, 190lbs. I am a highschool student with a part-time job. I train 5 times a week. Thanks to those who reply.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great intro & good attitude.

x2 what zrogravity said - talk about your macros. Abs are made in the kitchen.

ERandICU-RN

Reaction score
Well man, like everyone is saying diet for sure. But it is possible to get big and lean at the same time. Don't over eat carbs and fats and stick to a real cardio program of at least 20 mins of vigorous exercise.

ERandICU-RN

Reaction score
Well man, like everyone is saying diet for sure. But it is possible to get big and lean at the same time. Don't over eat carbs and fats and stick to a real cardio program of at least 20 mins of vigorous exercise. Also lift heavy. Welcome to ugbb

Paolos

Reaction score
Welcome Cody you remind me of my son who is now 23 and a Sgt in the corps. When he was in HS he was doing the recruiting center PT a couple times a week
before he went to boot camp. Don't worry about that stubborn belly fat it will be gone after boot camp.
Take advantage of your meal card and stay away from the fast food joints on base.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I think you have some sound advice so there's not much for me to add. Welcome aboard!

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground!! Glad you joined us.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I also think, along with snake, heed the advice given.

Welcome

New Threads