Question about lats on the bench

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
he's got a crossfit shirt on. lol. I heard "chesticles in the air" "small weenis".

They are sponsored by Reebok, Mark and Jesse designed the Reebok Crossfit Power Shoe which is actually a Powerlifting shoe like Chucks but much better.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I do love to bench, and all the pointers given are very valuable and spot on, however each individual has to apply which technique will work for you. To me it was all about taking the solid advice from individuals and tweaking them to my liking and to get the bar from point "A" to point "B" and back to point "A" again. I guess I should stress, until you have found your style or technique, BIG benches can wait...lol

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I do love to bench, and all the pointers given are very valuable and spot on, however each individual has to apply which technique will work for you. To me it was all about taking the solid advice from individuals and tweaking them to my liking and to get the bar from point "A" to point "B" and back to point "A" again. I guess I should stress, until you have found your style or technique, BIG benches can wait...lol
Absolutely. Where he is asking about lats in bench I don't mind answering. Beyond that I require video or hands on to determine the best leverages for the lifter.

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Where he is asking about lats in bench I don't mind answering. Beyond that I require video or hands on to determine the best leverages for the lifter.

POB,

I've got a herniated L5-S1 and find it difficult/painful to get that much arch. Suggestions? or is rolling going to be the only option?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
POB,

I've got a herniated L5-S1 and find it difficult/painful to get that much arch. Suggestions? or is rolling going to be the only option?
Well you don't compete in PL so building a massive bench isn't really that important. PM me a vid of your bench sometime and we can make adjustments.

Most likely you will get more mobility out of your thoracic spine by actually focusing on bringing your chest to the bar rather than bringing the bar down.

Our lumbar spine is not made for mobility but for stability. In a perfectly healthy individual you are lucky to get 15 degrees of rotation there.

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot fukkers. Now I have to learn how to bench again cuz I didn't know any of this shit.

After watching these vids I said the same thing to myself. The technique I've used so far has got me to 385 and so I have to wonder if due to setup limitations and father time if this will be my highest on the flat bench. Not doubting myself, just acceptance of circumstance.

New Threads