open to suggestions while on T3 Cytomel

AnitaBeer

Lady Member
Reaction score
Hello I need some help with my general meal plan. I am a female 5'4" 170 pounds more muscle mass but yes a bit heavy than normal. I'm not sure if I'm intaking enough food while cycling t3.
This is my first time using t3 for cutting. I understand how t3 works and i am being very strict with my meal plan but im not seeing much results. So, i am changing my meal plan see below. I jist need to know maybe im intaking too little or too much? I work out 5 days a week. Which I will show you my workout routine as well. In the mean time here is my new meal plan which is a cutting plan only for a month then I'll switch it up again.

MEAL 1
1/2 C Oats
1/2 C fruit
Hemp hearts or olive oil
1 scoop whey protein powder

MEAL 2
Chicken breasts
Green veggies
Olive oil and balsamic vinegar

MEAL 3
Tuna spinach salad

MEAL 4
Pre workout meal
Same as meal 1

MEAL 5
Post workout meal
Shake and banana

MEAL 6
Cottage cheese, raw cashews

Daily water intake 3-4L

Here is my Monday to Friday workout plan
WEEK 1
DAY 1 UPPER BODY
5 upper body exercises
All 3 SETS each 22 REPS 15 SEC. REST
Plus 30 min. Cardio

DAY 2 LOWER BODY
6 lower body exercises
All 3 SETS each 22 REPS 15 SEC. REST
Plus 30 min. Cardio

DAY 3 Cardio only

DAY 4 -same as day one
DAY 5-same as day two

Week 2 is exactly the same but less reps. So instead of 22 reps im doing 10
and 45 seconds rest in between.

Again all I want to know is if this meal plan looks ok. I'm open for suggestions. The last thing I want is to deprive this beast and go all crazy from not loosing.

I have been working out for a long time and did my first figure show in 2013. Of course life gets in the way and I had to care for my son and with the depression I gained wight. So I'm hitting it again and beast mode is on. Haha. I know I have it in me but when it comes to nutrition I would like some help to see if I'm on the right track.

Thank you
Cheers!

AnitaBeer

Lady Member
Reaction score
Also I am currently taking 75 mcg I was told to take 3 x 25mcg a day. My weight has not dropped and I'm wondering if I knock it back to 2 pills if that would be better as I was reading that 75mcg of t3 is way too much for females. I started off with one pill of 25 for 3 day and slowly increased it to 75.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wish I could help but have never taken t3

as for diet...hopefully Spongy will come along and pitch in....:)

Welcome :)

Reaction score
I see measurements for the 1st meal but nothing else. Are you following your cal total and macro split intently?? If you arent measuring everything to cut then you are missing the biggest point. If you are taking T3 and following a meal plan that is designed to cut weight and you still arent dropping weight, most likely you are still eating too much food.

Also no need to split the T3 doses up. You can take them all at once.

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like MM said, we need to know the portions of everything.

AnitaBeer

Lady Member
Reaction score
M1
1/2 Cup Oats
1/2 cup fruit usually blueberries or strawberries
1 cup plain almond milk with 1 scoop protein.
CLA with green tea and multivitamin

M2
4oz chicken breasts
2 cups broccoli
I don't use the balsamic. I'm sick of it. But do use olive oil 1 tsp over broccoli if i bake it into chips.

M3
1 can of Tuna and 2 cups spinach nothing on it.

M4
SAME AS MEAL 1

M5
Post Workout
I medium banana I scoop whey isolate

M6 1/2 CUP 2% cottage cheese and 16 raw cashews.

AnitaBeer

Lady Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not eating enough? I'm always very hungry haha. Every two to three hours. I am being very sticked with eating. However I am only on week 3 and I was reading that it takes time for t3 to get into the body. When I do cardio after weights I burn 300 calories in 30 minutes and both my shirts are soaked even during weight prior to cardio.

Well I'm not giving up. That's just dumb. I'm just gonna have to push harder. Grrr. I just hope I'm eating enough.

Also I am only getting 5 hours sleep each night. I'm a college student and I'm up very early and study till 12 midnight sometimes. Maybe sleep is interfering or stress is releasing cortisol? I have no idea. Prior to starting t3 I did go to the Dr.s and got all my tests done for hormone level, thyroid metals etc. Everything came back normal.

AnitaBeer

Lady Member
Reaction score
The below was my meal plan prior to last week. I incorporate ONE cheat MEAL on Saturdays then I resume back to clean eating next meal. My cheat meals are usually sushi. With low sodium soya sauce. Which sodium can be high.

Meal One:
1 whole egg
4 eggwhites
1/3 -1/2cup oats measured raw
1/4 cup blueberries
- Multivitamin
- 1 CLA (1000mg)

Meal Two:
1 protein shake
2 rice cakes plain
2 tbsp almond butter
- digestive enzyme
- 1000mg of Vitamin C

Meal Three:
5oz chicken/tuna
1/2 cup quinoa (after cooking)
veggies mixed
- 1 CLA (1000mg)

Meal Four:
1 protein shake
1 apple
-digestive enzyme
- 1000mg of Vitamin C

Meal Five:
4oz steak or salmon
veggies
1 tbsp olive oil
Meal Six:
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup nuts mixed
- digestive enzyme
- 1000mg of Vitamin C

Reaction score
Sounds like bunk t3 if ur not. Cutting weight with that diet

Im 5'7 current bw is 215lbs im doing 100mcg everyday and my diet actually been shitty last three weeks from working crazy hours im still dropping 2-3lbs a week and my abs are coming in nicely and im normally hard to cut weight. Ill be competeing in 16 weeks so ill actually stricten my diet up when im 12 weeks out

But as far as that im actually intaking about 6000cal a day and my bodys just melting it off.

So my suggestion is to find legit or not underdosed t3 and keep diet as is. Maybe increase the protein and run test with it to preserve muscke bc t3 will eat muscle too

New Threads