What are you listening to, today?

Marshall

Reaction score
Fear Factory back, heavier than ever. The riff from 2:35 - 3:00 is as crushing as it can get. Looking forward to a US tour in 2013, hopefully.

Marshall

Reaction score
Another new one. Great song to have on the iPod during that heavy set ! As far as metal, kind of like Zeppelin, Sabbath, Kiss, Van Halen, F/F is the right sound at the right time. They took a hybrid Rammstein/Pantera type sound and took it to the extreme. Clean, tight, super heavy stuff !

Reaction score
I have some Rammstein "live" that I wear out. Still love lifting to it... just today too

vpiedu

Reaction score
today it was all of "Surfing with the Alien" and then part of "the electric Joe Satriani"

Marshall

Reaction score
The classic lineup in the classic time, 1975. May not think of them as heavy, but if you listen to the balls behind the riff from about :58 - 1:18, you can see Kiss was pretty heavy for the day. Sabbath was in another league, but Kiss were mid 70's heavy, for sure ! Love Ace's style, his solo's were always smooth as silk.

Marshall

Reaction score
One more of the great ones in their prime. Ace absolutely shreds 2 solos, Simmon's classic scream at 2:40 and more mid 70's Kiss heavyness to finish it up from 3:20 - 3:40. Awesome stuff !

:

vpiedu

Reaction score
my first real choice of my own music, drove my grandmother mad with my kiss albums as a kid:)
"get up and get your grandma outta here"
have to love that stuff

VP

Marshall

Reaction score
Ya, it's kind of cliche, but the right band, the right guys, in the right time. Kiss, Zeppelin, Sabbath really fit that bill from the 70's.

Looking forward to the new Black Sabbath album. Hope Tony Iommi's health will improve and hold up. The producer, Rick Rubin, told them to listen to the first album, pretend it's 1970 and write new songs from that mindset. If so, it could be interesting.

vpiedu

Reaction score
Ya, it's kind of cliche, but the right band, the right guys, in the right time. Kiss, Zeppelin, Sabbath really fit that bill from the 70's.

Looking forward to the new Black Sabbath album. Hope Tony Iommi's health will improve and hold up. The producer, Rick Rubin, told them to listen to the first album, pretend it's 1970 and write new songs from that mindset. If so, it could be interesting.

thats badass!!! ill def be waiting to hear that one!!!

VP

turbobusa

Reaction score
Hey Marshall. Go to face book and check out rebels without applause song weak. My buddy fulton sits in on this one... My pc is crashed but I'll be back soon.
T

Marshall

Reaction score
Hey Marshall. Go to face book and check out rebels without applause song weak. My buddy fulton sits in on this one... My pc is crashed but I'll be back soon.
T
Found them on Facebook (I think). Didn't see any song links though bro.

vpiedu

Reaction score
ran into a friend of a friend i used to play music with yesterday and he told me that my other friend was starting a Iron Maiden tribute band so today when i was out in the yard working i was listening to "live after death". im sure my neighbors thought i was crazy cause i caught myself a couple times jamming out instead of working:)

VP

Marshall

Reaction score
ran into a friend of a friend i used to play music with yesterday and he told me that my other friend was starting a Iron Maiden tribute band so today when i was out in the yard working i was listening to "live after death". im sure my neighbors thought i was crazy cause i caught myself a couple times jamming out instead of working:)

VP

Ya, I think all metal heads were Maiden fans around 83-85. Couple of great albums. Piece of Mind and Powerslave were classics. Steve Harris is a challenge for most bass players, high energy guy !

Marshall

Reaction score
My favorite Maiden song. Love that includes Churchill (drunk as hell) giving one of the greatest war-time speeches in history.

vpiedu

Reaction score
i didnt realize how long it had been since i had listened to Maiden, i have been rocking the F out constantly since yesterday. yeah i def grew up a metal head and maiden was one of my favs. going to see maiden was a life changing event for a young metal head, watching them kill every song to perfection and Bruce running around stage with Steve on his shoulders at times, giant Eddie also moving around stage it was nothing short of spiritual to a young headbanger. i played bass in a metal band for years and i thought i was the shit when i felt i had mastered scales and the Steve Harris gallop:) great stuff here! makes me smile my ass off!!! thanks for starting this thread again Marshall, im def lovin it.

VP

MR. BMJ

Elite
Reaction score
Yea, Maiden flat rocks! They play them all the time on The Boneyard on Sirius radio!:)

vpiedu

Reaction score
they have "The Number of the Beast" classic album Documentary on Netflix, it is pretty damn cool.

VP

New Threads