Drops testosterone may not be due to aging

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Not sure this is the way to approach this. I think it is simply the HPTA at work. It is a simple feedback loop.

Body fat goes up (for whatever reasons) which results in more Testosterone aromatizing into estrogen. The pituitary senses too much estrogen so it reduces LH output. Less LH means less Testosterone. Back to homeostasis.

I'd love to see the full study and see if they checked LH levels. Have you seen any info on how age, or other factors mentioned in this study like fitness etc, influence the sensitivity of the Leydig cells?

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Not sure this is the way to approach this. I think it is simply the HPTA at work. It is a simple feedback loop.

Body fat goes up (for whatever reasons) which results in more Testosterone aromatizing into estrogen. The pituitary senses too much estrogen so it reduces LH output. Less LH means less Testosterone. Back to homeostasis.

Lol I understand the physiology behind obesity >low t Mega, my logical reasoning approach was related to all the other stuff you see studies saying are correlated to low T (that's why I mentioned western society specifically).
Basically, I don't think obesity is the only player here because I know people who are not close to being fat but are diagnosed as hypogonadal.

We had this discussion a while ago but most people still believe that hpta recovery ALWAYS occurs after cycling, even if it may be delayed by several years.
Now anecdotally we know recovery isn't a foregone conclusion and the data is starting to treat AAS -induced hypogonadism as a real condition. Yet we have literally no idea why recovery doesn't occur - we have a bunch of hypotheses but that's about it.
I'm just using this as an example of the data being incomplete regarding the hpta.

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
Lol I understand the physiology behind obesity >low t Mega, my logical reasoning approach was related to all the other stuff you see studies saying are correlated to low T (that's why I mentioned western society specifically).
Basically, I don't think obesity is the only player here because I know people who are not close to being fat but are diagnosed as hypogonadal.

We had this discussion a while ago but most people still believe that hpta recovery ALWAYS occurs after cycling, even if it may be delayed by several years.
Now anecdotally we know recovery isn't a foregone conclusion and the data is starting to treat AAS -induced hypogonadism as a real condition. Yet we have literally no idea why recovery doesn't occur - we have a bunch of hypotheses but that's about it.
I'm just using this as an example of the data being incomplete regarding the hpta.

We're on the same page. And I agree about all these correlations. I could probably correlate Low T with sun spots if I tried hard enough. Do some ANOVA. Get the right p-value. And away we go.