A Bloodletting 1st

Reaction score
Well gents, this EQ was starting to get to me and affect my BP. I was getting nauseous mid workout and would end up puking soon after. Ive been on it for about 10 weeks now. Started at 600mgs and now worked my way up to 900mgs. Ive been on BP meds but they only bring me to about 145/70 on most days. Its been as high as 176/73. Tried to go to Bloodsource today but they closed at noon. Soooo bloodletting it was!!!

It went smooth as hell. Used a 24ga butterfly needle and hooked up a 10ml syringe to that. 150CCs later I was feeling much better. No more pulsing in my head and hopefully no more tossing in the bathroom mid workout. As you can see it started to clot after awhile but it did the job.

If you need to try this its much easier than you think. I would recommend the smaller gauge needle as you can then use the smaller veins to draw from. Of course you can use an 18ga on the bigger veins but then you might not need to adapt a syringe to it and it will drain on its own. Easy cleanup in the sink with some bleach and you're done. Ill be doing this again in about 4-6 weeks.

IMG_06591_zpsmvsrnhog.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
hahahahaha...for me it's more like I made a pact with myself that if running gear caused me any health issues I wouldn't run it..I just can't see taking meds to offset sides when I never needed them before...make sense :)

I kiiiiiinda did the same thing. If heath problems ever got in the way of my gear usage, Id find a way around it ;)

Really tho I dont think Im too far in the redzone. I still have some tinkering to do but who knows, I coulda needed meds before the gear. I never liked the idea of taking meds when I didn't need them either. Ive never had the greatest BP but its not out of control. I'm waiting for that moment that I need to pull the ripcord and when it comes, I'll do it. You know I'm an ass but hell I don't wanna die ;)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How long until your body cranks out more RBC? I bet it's not long. Anyone know?

Reaction score
How long until your body cranks out more RBC? I bet it's not long. Anyone know?

It takes around eight weeks I believe for the donor's body to replenish all of the formed elements lost during the donation (erythrocytes aka red blood cells, leukocytes, and platelets)

Paolos

Reaction score
Your an animal MM ....Self preservation at it's finest! I have always been a big fan of home medicine myself

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
damn... were you in-between red cross allowable times to donate? Think it's every 59 days or so? But yes that's pretty manly bro.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Gotta do what you got to do to keep the RBC's, hemoglobin and 'Crit down.

To put things in perspective, if someone is diagnosed with polycythemia, they will drain 250-500ml every 3-5 days until they get your Crit down to around 45. That's a lot of blood.

AAS increase RBC, with the exception of POB and Hulksmash, everyone should be donating ever other month. Then, moniter with bloods because that might not be enough.

Blood clots and strokes are serious business.

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
Good deal my man.

I still haven't decided about an actual cycle yet, gotta get my trt tuned in yet.

Then maybe, and it's a big maybe I will blast one

Paolos

Reaction score
MM I have two blood banks in my area that don't share information so that allows me to donate basically every month.
I can keep my Hemoglobin (Iron) around 18 when on a blast by monthly donations.

That worked for me but I did buy the same supplies as you in the event I need to drain. I'm a pussy so I bought butterfly's
so I don't have to jab an 18ga in my artery like Jol.

Reaction score
Guys I'm not the squeamish type when it comes to blood or donating. I have a fascination now with watching it go in lol. Blood coming out down the line and filling the bag/syringe/vial. My blood is going to a better place. O+ so I'm a popular blood type. Get you some ;)

Now yes guys this can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. Luckily, I had an ICU RN on hand to do everything for me and make sure it was a success. It was a lot easier than I anticipated. I actually like the 24ga and taking more time vs using a bigger needle. Cuts down on more scar tissue from those monsters.

Reaction score
damn... were you in-between red cross allowable times to donate? Think it's every 59 days or so? But yes that's pretty manly bro.

It might seem a little more dramatic that I have the blood spatter pic lol. Honestly it's pretty normal. If you have a fear of blood then this might not be for you.
I attempted to go to a blood donation center but it was closed that day. I had been dealing with elevated symptoms for over a week and had enuf. Plus I had a medical professional on standby waiting that day so it made perfect sense to me.

New Threads