Nfl 2012

Marshall

Reaction score
What's going on this year guys?

Luck, RGIII, Tebow w/ the Jets, Manning with the Broncos.

I think the Chiefs are in a position to have a really big year. I know Raj will like that. I can see them going 12-4. If they could clinch a home field in the playoffs, who knows.

Marshall

Reaction score
Season starts in a few hours.

My official dark horse teams this year are the Chiefs in the AFC and the Redskins in the NFC. I think they will both surprise and win their respective divisions.

JAG

Reaction score
Cowboys finally made some good moves in the off season. Romo has taken all they heat but it has been the secondary that has killed them. Claiborne looks to be the real deal. Thank you Chiefs for Carr :)

Do not think redskins can win division. Not saying that because I am Cowboys fan but Gaints, Eagles, and Cowboys are a tough division.

If Manning can stay healthy, Denver will have a great run.

K1

Reaction score
It's the Chiefs year this year ;)

Marshall

Reaction score
Cowboys finally made some good moves in the off season. Romo has taken all they heat but it has been the secondary that has killed them. Claiborne looks to be the real deal. Thank you Chiefs for Carr :)

Do not think redskins can win division. Not saying that because I am Cowboys fan but Gaints, Eagles, and Cowboys are a tough division.

If Manning can stay healthy, Denver will have a great run.

Ya, the Cowboys look like a more balanced, improved team.

I thought the Redskins had a solid team last year, better than 5-11 for sure. I think "if" RG3 is the real deal, like everyone says he appears to be, they will obviously score a lot more points and be pretty solid on defense. I'm not crazy about their running game or O line, but as a dark horse, if things fall in place, they could be 10-6 and win the division.

I really like the Chiefs this year, Cassell is a smart QB and if Hillis and Charles are healthy and potent, they will be tough in a competitive division.

I'm not sold on the Broncos yet. It will take a 100% healthy Manning, and those receivers are going to have to step up.

We'll find out in week 1 what's going on. The 'Skins don't need a win in New Orleans, but need to play them tough and show they have it. The Chiefs need to win a really tough home game over the Falcons (who are damn good), and the Broncos need to put up a "W" at home against the Steelers and show they have what it takes.

I think we'll know a lot after Sunday. I'd love a Redskins upset over the Saints. Then again, they'll put it on the Saints turmoil and coaching changes.

slide

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can see the Chiefs winning the division...its certainly up for grabs. I dont see a wildcard team coming from the AFC West. But, Im still surprised Manning chose Denver...

And the 'Skins...my guess is 6-10 (maybe 7-9). The expectations are high...but, should probably be realistic too. They did beat the G-Men twice last year...but, I would be surprised if they had 2 wins in their Division this year.

Either way..just glad to have football back. Damn it is a long offseason.

-slide

Marshall

Reaction score
Skins outplayed the Cowboys both games and lost last year too. I just thought they always played hard, good close games. Maybe with RGIII they will turn the corner. Rex Grossman was about the worst option you could have outside of Caleb Hanie at QB. They still need to control the ball and clock, so have to run it effectively, we'll see. You're right though, they'll have to win the division more than likely.

vpiedu

Reaction score
i dont have any TV service for years now but i have netflix through my PS3 and i did just yesterday notice a NFL Sunday Ticket icon on my PS3 so i downloaded it and subscribed. i am looking forward to actually watching some football this year. raised by my grandmother a Vikings fan from day one and living in the southeast its rare to catch them unless its at a sports bar so i will enjoy getting to actually watch tons of football this year including my Vikings win or loose.

VP

Marshall

Reaction score
If Ponder can improve, the backfield is set. Gerhart is better than I think they thought he'd be. They can ease Peterson back in, until he's fully healthy and have a potent 1-2 punch, like Hillis and Charles with KC.

I wasn't impressed with Ponder's ability to throw the ball downfield, but he was a rookie, so we'll see if he got better.

vpiedu

Reaction score
WTF, are you a caveman living in the stone age:p:D

:) i just realized a few years ago that i only had time to watch a few hours each week and since Ted Turner sold the Braves and i never get to see them unless they play the Cubs or the Nats i decided to let it go. kinda weird at first but i dont miss it except when football season rolls around.

VP

slide

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow...that would turn my world upside down. Sat/Sun during football season--my fatass is on the couch all damn day. For eight months, I could probably do without alot of the TV channels I have...but, football season, man, its great having the sports package(s).

Ok...what is one upset and/or lock for week #1?

-slide

Marshall

Reaction score
Chiefs D didn't show up, kind of disappointing. Lions and Eagles are lucky for sure !!

Redskins dominated the Saints. They didn't finish well and let the Saints get back in it, but they outplayed them for 60 minutes. Huge road win, we'll see if they can keep moving forward off of that. I thought the Saints just looked sloppy. Maybe a victim of the suspensions, maybe just not as good as we think.

Jets offense showed up in a big way. That was a good win for them. Everything else went about as expected. Dolphins were horrible.

Marshall

Reaction score
Well, week 1 in the books. I don't think there were any huge surprises. The Ravens offense looked really strong last night.

Big games week 2:

Chicago @ Green Bay (suddenly became a must win for the Pack).
Baltimore @ Philadelphia (both teams were popular picks to go deep in the post-season, we'll see how the measure up against each other).
NY Jets @ Pittsburgh (An NY win could really set the Jets up good and hurt the Steelers).
Detroit @ San Francisco (SF is the real deal, we'll see if the Lions just had a scare on week 1, or if they're not as good as some think).
Denver @ Atlanta (2 high powered passing games. Good measuring stick for Denver, because the Falcons are really good).

JAG

Reaction score
I was most impressed with Ravens, Washington and San Fran in week 1.

Marshall

Reaction score
I was most impressed with Ravens, Washington and San Fran in week 1.

Ya, your Cowboys were good too JAG. That was a huge win, no question.

I don't know about you guys, and I know he's an excellent coach, but I get tired of watching Harbaugh on TV screaming like a maniac ANYTIME a flag gets tossed on his team. I mean, c'mon guy, give it a bit of a break.

slide

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
After Phillys performance against Cleveland...how in the world are they favored against Baltimore after the whooping they put on Cincy last night? I know its @ Philly (and only week one), but damn.

-slide

Marshall

Reaction score
I didn't even check the lines, slide. There's no way Baltimore shouldn't kick their ass, but we'll see. The Eagles are everybody's dark horse in the NFC, but I don't trust Vick and would rather gamble on the Redskins as my dark horse.

I think the Chiefs will be ok K1. They had some guys out and just let the game slip away. The Falcons are tough. It would've been nice to get a home win against a good team, but it's a must win now on the road in Buffalo. An 0-2 start and loss to the Bills could snowball into a bad season. Gotta win Sunday !

Marshall

Reaction score
Well, interesting week 2.

Cowboys tanked.
Chiefs tanked, again.
Redskins lost a close one. (bonehead penalty prevented a game tying fg attempt).
Jets tanked.

Philly got lucky again, but that's what it takes. If they get hot and start to hold on to the ball, they could be tough.

Rams have played 2 pretty good games, Raj. They could easily be 2-0.

I was surprised to see Tannehill and Weeden actually have very good games. Maybe the Dolphins can have a competitive year.

New Threads