Critique of my first cycle plan

Franklin Yeti

Reaction score
Hello Board,

I will be doing my first cycle come October of this year. I am currently on a cutting program for another 9 weeks to lose as much unwanted fat as possible before I begin the bulking cycle.

As a newbie to educated AAS use, I wanted some input/feedback regarding my intended plan. I intend to secure my PCT first and then secure the AAS. Here is the plan, a good portion of this has come the Sticky “Get Some” prepared back on July 30, 2012. Thanks for that Get Some.

1) Planning to do a 14 week cycle of 500 mg of Test E or C. Pinning 250 mg on Monday and Thursday of each week 1-14.
2) AI’s - I plan to secure Arimidex and Exemestane and use as needed if gyno begins to develop. If symptoms develop, I will take .25 of Arimidex EOD and Exemestane at 12.5 EOD. (Would only Arimidex be sufficient, is Exemestane needed as well?)
3) PCT –Starting at week 4, I will plan on taking 250 IU of HCG twice per week until the end of the 14 weeks. Also, after the cycle ends I will take the following

Week 15: 250 IU’s twice
Week 16: 250 IU’s EOD
Week 17: 500 IU’s EOD
Week 18-19 100 mg Clomid ED and 40 mg of Nolva ED
Week 20-21 50 mg Clomid ED and 20 Mg Nolva ED

Is this plan solid? Is there anything I should add to it? Thanks.

wabbitt

Elite
Reaction score
Adex alone would be fine. No need to overkill on first cycle. Pretty basic stuff. What kind of input were you looking for? Make sure to spend as much time planning your diet. If you don't eat, you won't grow.

Franklin Yeti

Reaction score
Adex alone would be fine. No need to overkill on first cycle. Pretty basic stuff. What kind of input were you looking for? Make sure to spend as much time planning your diet. If you don't eat, you won't grow.

I was simply wanting to make sure the plan I outlined is good to go and nothing should be added or removed to it. I'll have my diet spot on as well. Thx wabbit.

bugman

Elite
Reaction score
I am impressed with your choice of a first cycle being test only. Most guys these days want some of everything and they waste a great learning cycle.

BUT i agree with wabbit. Spend time on planning your diet too. Your idea of "spot on" may not be as accurate as you think. Tell us more about your goal with this cycle. While your are doing that, tell us about your diet plans too. There are enough vets here to tell you if your diet needs to be tweaked to achieve your specific goal.

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would start pct 2.5 to 3 weeks after last pin, other than that everything looks fine

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
What is your current weight, height and body fat ? What weight and body fat are shooting for in the cut?

Franklin Yeti

Reaction score
What is your current weight, height and body fat ? What weight and body fat are shooting for in the cut?

Height 6"
Weight (before cut) 223 lbs
Weight (4 weeks into cut) 218 lbs
BF% (Before Cut) 25%

I'm not really concerned too much about my weight at the end of the cut, more concerned about BF%. I'd like it to be down to 12%-14% if possible after the next 8 weeks. In a perfect world, I'd stay the same weight and lose half my body fat, which would mean I would be packing on muscle while cutting, but I know that's not possible! I'm a realist :)

Franklin Yeti

Reaction score
I am impressed with your choice of a first cycle being test only. Most guys these days want some of everything and they waste a great learning cycle.

BUT i agree with wabbit. Spend time on planning your diet too. Your idea of "spot on" may not be as accurate as you think. Tell us more about your goal with this cycle. While your are doing that, tell us about your diet plans too. There are enough vets here to tell you if your diet needs to be tweaked to achieve your specific goal.

My goals on the cycle are realistic I think. I'm looking to get a modestly bigger, harder and more vascular (sounds like a penis enlargement ad, HA!). I am trying to temper my expectations as to what will occur while on cycle. Since I have never done one, I'm keeping my expectations lower, rather than sky high, to not be disappointed if gains don't come quickly as I have dreamed they will.

Regarding my diet. I worked closely with an amateur BB in my local gym to devise a plan for the cut and the bulk. For the bulk, just real quick, without getting too detailed, I am going to run a 50P/35C/15F macro ratio that will vary some day to day and will consist of approximately 3,000-3,250 calories per day. Most of my proteins will be chicken, lean turkey, fish, and the occasional sirloin steak. Carbs are coming from Bismarti rice, sweet potatoes, vegetables (Broccoli, asparagus etc). Fats are coming from nuts, captri oil, etc.

All thoughts/ideas are more than welcome. I've been surfing this site in the shadows and not commenting too much for a while now, just trying to absorb as much knowledge as possible.

wabbitt

Elite
Reaction score
Focus on getting bigger. You can get "vascular" when you cut.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Height 6"
Weight (before cut) 223 lbs
Weight (4 weeks into cut) 218 lbs
BF% (Before Cut) 25%

I'm not really concerned too much about my weight at the end of the cut, more concerned about BF%. I'd like it to be down to 12%-14% if possible after the next 8 weeks. In a perfect world, I'd stay the same weight and lose half my body fat, which would mean I would be packing on muscle while cutting, but I know that's not possible! I'm a realist :)

Your pre cycle agenda is methodical & doing things right from the set go will make a huge difference high 5.

Reaction score
I think you have approached this very well.

The cycle is good, As noted above diet will play a large part of your results and also your sleep. Are you going to add any training days during this cycle to take advantage of the extra recovery?

You have time and to maximize the benefit of this I would plan out the diet, make a committment to getting more sleep and plan how you are going to adjust your training.

Good luck!

New Threads