Crunching chewing & other this and that's that are irritating & aggravating

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Crunching chewing & other this and that's that are irritating & aggravating

I have a problem with people crunching their food around me. Even a television commercial can bug the hell out of me. Kit Kat, the old Carl's Jr and Vlasic pickle commercials have me near psychotic.

And holy moly when my girlfriend eats chips and things of that nature its like nails dragging a chalkboard. I literally twitch and spasm.

Is it just me or is it irritating and aggravating ?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm the same way. I have to get up & leave the room at times or someone will die.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I just had some guy cleaning up his office for the past hour right next to me. It's INCREDIBLY distracting while you're trying to deal with sensitive numbers.

Beedeezy

Elite
Reaction score
Crunching of food and open mouth chewing. I work in an emergency room, when ghetto mother****er are smacking gum it literally gives me anxiety because I can't do a ****ing thing about it. Heart starts pounding and its everything I can do to stay focused and get the fuk out of the room.

Itburnstopee

Elite
Reaction score
They say those things (noises like crunching or someone playing with a plastic bottle or chip bag) are an indicator that you're smart if they bother you. I think it's something like they interrupt your thoughts

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Holy moly..

Nothing irritates me more in life then when somebody chews on a sandwich in public. .fuk

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Yes chewing loudly is bad, but I really hate hearing someone clipping their nails.