Fasted cardio ?

4acesbro21

Elite
Reaction score
So im about 5 weeks into cutting snd lost about 10lbs for the last 2 weeks i plan to drop my carbs add in abit more protein and start fasted cardio ,,

How long do you guys do fasted cardio for
What is best to eat after?
And i usualy gobto gym at 5.30 am so ill be doing cardio first then weight training for about a hour after ..

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fasted cardio is pointless imo. You are going to use fat as energy doing LISS cardio and use calories doing so. Why bother doing it fasted?

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Fasted cardio is pointless imo. You are going to use fat as energy doing LISS cardio and use calories doing so. Why bother doing it fasted?

^^^^ x2 in trained ppl, the inclusion of carbs or food before cardio doesn't impair fat oxidation but the food certainly helps one maintain intensity doing cardio.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Doing cardio and starving to death are on the same level for me. So fasted cardio is out of the question.

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
I disagree fellas.

I do fasted cardio 6 days a week. It works better. I've done both. You can read all the studies in the world on this one but until you get out and do it for a period of time and have monitored unfasted enough to know the difference, you will never know.

The lower your BF is, the better you can tell.

If you hit a board with serious bodybuilders, they will tell you the same from experience.

I hit it for about an hour to an hour and a half. 30min tread, 20min abs and the rest elliptical.

If you're cutting, it also takes away some of that wait time for food. Starting to eat later in the day after the gym if helpful throughout the day when counting low cals.

When I get done, I eat chicken and a low carb veggie.

I save the carbs for later in the day.

It also gives you a chance to do a little intermittent fasting for the first part of the day if you choose.

Getting down in BF for most is just going to involve some suffering. Getting into a routine makes it pretty easy.

H

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I disagree fellas.

I do fasted cardio 6 days a week. It works better. I've done both. You can read all the studies in the world on this one but until you get out and do it for a period of time and have monitored unfasted enough to know the difference, you will never know.

The lower your BF is, the better you can tell.

If you hit a board with serious bodybuilders, they will tell you the same from experience.

I hit it for about an hour to an hour and a half. 30min tread, 20min abs and the rest elliptical.

If you're cutting, it also takes away some of that wait time for food. Starting to eat later in the day after the gym if helpful throughout the day when counting low cals.

When I get done, I eat chicken and a low carb veggie.

I save the carbs for later in the day.

It also gives you a chance to do a little intermittent fasting for the first part of the day if you choose.

Getting down in BF for most is just going to involve some suffering. Getting into a routine makes it pretty easy.

H

I have done both

Itburnstopee

Elite
Reaction score
I tried it for a bit too. Call me a pussy but I just could even stand for a light jog on an empty stomach

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
^^^^ x2 in trained ppl, the inclusion of carbs or food before cardio doesn't impair fat oxidation but the food certainly helps one maintain intensity doing cardio.

x3.......................

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
most def an individual thing!!

Lilo

Trusted Lady
Reaction score
or he could have a UTI :)

You guys are the worst!!!! If someone ever looks through my google search history, it's only UTI, BBC, BBW...

What are ya afraid to use the keyboard? :)

Jeez...

S.U.R.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You guys are the worst!!!! If someone ever looks through my google search history, it's only UTI, BBC, BBW...

What are ya afraid to use the keyboard? :)

Jeez...

S.U.R.

lol, urinary tract infection!

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I do 25 minutes of incline tread 3X week. I keep my heart around 130 bpm (I'm old as dirt, it don't take much for me)...do it when I wake. I do weight training later in the day and try to have at least 3 meals down. Thats what seems to work for me.

GSgator

Reaction score
Fasting cardio has always worked wonders for me when I get to that point were I have that remaining stubborn fat I need burn off. It also seem to really Ignite my metabolism.

New Threads