How long should you stay on a cycle and how long should you come off for?

Reaction score
What do you people think about the lengths of cycles? And how long to come off for? Also what is the best way to maintain once you come off?

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
12 weeks is always a safe bet. Also a good idea to stay off for at least the amount of time you were on. Best way to maintain is having a heavy PCT and eating your ass off. Faster recovery means more gains kept.

Beedeezy

Elite
Reaction score
Depends on what you are running on your cycle. Some compounds require a longer cycle.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The old addage is time on plus pct equals time off.

As far as maintaining gains you need to keep cals up even though you don't want to and lift HEAVY. Heavy weight forces the body to maintain its adaptation.

Reaction score
12 weeks is always a safe bet. Also a good idea to stay off for at least the amount of time you were on. Best way to maintain is having a heavy PCT and eating your ass off. Faster recovery means more gains kept.

I feel like 12 weeks isn't even enough to even peak on a cycle. I usually do 6 month cycles.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
6 month cycles!? what does your bloodwork come back looking like?

wallyd

Elite
Reaction score
Rule of thumb is time on equals time off but the esters are going to make a difference on that.

If running eq I would say 16-20 weeks is not over doing it but other aas are going to determine the length of time you should be on.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'll take this one!

Last edited:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I feel like 12 weeks isn't even enough to even peak on a cycle. I usually do 6 month cycles.

So you asked about time on and time off but previously ran several cycles for 6 months. Do I have that right?

Here's the answer you are looking for; 6 months on, 2 months off. That is what you wanted to hear, right?

mickems

Elite
Reaction score

why don't you just run the cycle until all your gear is gone? dude, 6 months is a loooooong time. that means more chances to fokk yourself up.

bsw5

Elite
Reaction score
From reading some of your post it sounds like you have some studying to do...

Reaction score
I play a lot of ball and I like it to be in my system all season. The season is coming to an end now. That's why my cycles are so long.

Reaction score
why don't you just run the cycle until all your gear is gone? dude, 6 months is a loooooong time. that means more chances to fokk yourself up.

If I ran my cycle till all my gear was gone I would never come off. Lol, I'm pretty well stacked up.

Reaction score
So you asked about time on and time off but previously ran several cycles for 6 months. Do I have that right?

Here's the answer you are looking for; 6 months on, 2 months off. That is what you wanted to hear, right?[/QUOTE
I want to hear what k should do.

Reaction score

Here's the answer you are looking for; 6 months on, 2 months off. That is what you wanted to hear, right?

I want to hear what I should do. Usually my dr. Just gives me some clomid and says " here take these" . Is there a better way to come off then just clomid or should I just do what the dr, says.
Would I get better results on shorter cycles?
That's why I'm on the forum to get some help. Fill me in please

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
Having done a 20+ week cycle I highly do not reccommend it unless you plan on going trt

I would say 16 week max

Reaction score
12 weeks is what I consider normal. And as others have said time on plus PCT = time off.

There is a thread around here somewhere about 8 week cycles, but I haven't (nor will I likely) try it.

If I run a test/tren cycle I typically will do 14-16 weeks, with the first week (or 2) and last week (or 2) being test only.

Reaction score
Glad ur posting these questions man. I'm new & can't wait to post similar questions. However, variety of gear is limited here in new beige'

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I want to hear what I should do. Usually my dr. Just gives me some clomid and says " here take these" . Is there a better way to come off then just clomid or should I just do what the dr, says.
Would I get better results on shorter cycles?
That's why I'm on the forum to get some help. Fill me in please

If you like a long cycle, pick those AAS that fit the bill and avoid orals. 16 weeks is nice; not too long but long enough for the gear to see a lot of training and a good diet. I'm not saying 6 months is too long but your doses need to be low; maybe too low for any gains if you're still considering your health in the long run.

If you're playing sports, find the gear that is friendly to your sport. Some gear will help your game, some will just kill it. You still need to peak in any sport so reverse engineer it from that time and back it up 16 weeks. As for coming off, time on=time off unless you go TRT.

New Threads