Reaction score
Been erased I didn't read all article in full

Last edited:

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sorry but I have to agree with this....

Judge Bunning said that “her good faith belief is simply not a viable defense,” and ordered Ms. Davis to jail.

and this......

“The court cannot condone the willful disobedience of its lawfully issued order,” said Judge Bunning, who was appointed by President George W. Bush. “If you give people the opportunity to choose which orders they follow, that’s what potentially causes problems.”

“I myself have genuinely held religious beliefs,” the judge said, but “I took an oath.” He noted: “Mrs. Davis took an oath. Oaths mean things.”

Last edited:

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
She's a government employee. She's expected to recognise the separation of church and state. She failed to do that instead choosing to assert her own religious beliefs on others.

On top of that, and the real reason for her arrest is that she failed to comply with court orders to do the job she was sworn to do.

The best part about her being locked up for.me is that because it's a contempt of court charge, she can't post bail. She had one of three options, comply with the job she swore to do, resign or rot in jail where she might get a whole new view on same sex relationships.

BF, this had nothing to do with her personal beliefs until she chose to use them as leverage to control the lives of others.

Last edited:

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well IMO I hope that Judge Bunning burns in hell
When you start crossing the line with people's religious beliefs,our nation and govt has went to far IMO...people should be respected for what they believe in and other people should not judge them for that...no matter if this is right or wrong,the ****ing Judge thinks he's God almighty! And that's exactly why I hate our Government and what it stands for ! It has no respect for re everyday persons beliefs or opinions!!

To be clear, she's not jailed for her religious beliefs. The judge found her guilty of civil contempt simply for being unwilling to perform her sworn duties.

I would fight and die for her right to religious freedom, even if I personally disagree with it.

I don't see this as a religious issue however. She took an oath to execute the duties of her office. She's now refusing to do so, hence civil contempt regardless of her personal rationale for her refusal. She could resign if her ideals don't align with the nature of the job - I would greatly respect this & in fact, I suspect if she did resign she'd be free to leave prison. If she wishes to draw a salary for the role she's in though she needs to perform the duties as described.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sorry but I have to agree with this....

Judge Bunning said that “her good faith belief is simply not a viable defense,” and ordered Ms. Davis to jail.

and this......

“The court cannot condone the willful disobedience of its lawfully issued order,” said Judge Bunning, who was appointed by President George W. Bush. “If you give people the opportunity to choose which orders they follow, that’s what potentially causes problems.”

“I myself have genuinely held religious beliefs,” the judge said, but “I took an oath.” He noted: “Mrs. Davis took an oath. Oaths mean things.”

Sorry babe,didn't read all lol stupid me lol

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry babe,didn't read all lol stupid me lol

no worries here, we are all not going to agree all of the time........:)

People really need to take "feelings" out of a lot of these types of situations is all...folks can't wait to pop a vein....so not necessary ;)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ted cruz says he stands with the clerk. Cool go stand in her cell you ****ing dimwit.

The guy keeps screeching about defending religious freedom. While running for government office.

That word shouldn't come out of his mouth. It's indefensible. What about the religious freedoms of isis?

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
Religion is just holding mankind back as a species

Luscious Lei

Reaction score

“I myself have genuinely held religious beliefs,” the judge said, but “I took an oath.” He noted: “Mrs. Davis took an oath. Oaths mean things.”[/I][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Aren't "I had to follow orders" and "I took an oath" exactly what the war criminals pull out when they try to justify whatever nasty thing they did?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Aren't "I had to follow orders" and "I took an oath" exactly what the war criminals pull out when they try to justify whatever nasty thing they did?

Difference here is she can quit her job without fear of being fragged, and these orders involve printing a piece of paper not leading Jews to the showers.

Luscious Lei

Reaction score
Difference here is she can quit her job without fear of being fragged, and these orders involve printing a piece of paper not leading Jews to the showers.

At a theoretical level is doesn't make any difference. And the "I didn't kill people, I just printed documents that were part of the process" is another argument pulled out by quite a few war criminals when they tried to avoid the gallows.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
At a theoretical level is doesn't make any difference. And the "I didn't kill people, I just printed documents that were part of the process" is another argument pulled out by quite a few war criminals when they tried to avoid the gallows.

The point which is missed is that she's under no obligation to continue in her current capacity. I respect her decision to not follow the orders if they are in conflict with her personal beliefs, however the responsible thing to do then is to excuse herself from that situation, yes?

If a McDonald's worker decided to go vegan and refused to flip burgers, I'd respect their decision but I'd not respect their claim to a McDonald's paycheck.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The point which is missed is that she's under no obligation to continue in her current capacity. I respect her decision to not follow the orders if they are in conflict with her personal beliefs, however the responsible thing to do then is to excuse herself from that situation, yes?

If a McDonald's worker decided to go vegan and refused to flip burgers, I'd respect their decision but I'd not respect their claim to a McDonald's paycheck.

That's right,if it went against her beliefs,she should've just stepped down....end of story

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This isn't theory. People in love who want to marry and have the right to do so are being denied by some petty tyrant.