Quick prep for a meet

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
I quote Chis Duffys theory so that means I don't know jack shit about powerlifting ?

See those scars on my back there.Those are from where I've had cyst removed over the years on bothe sides of my traps. You know how I got those from doing heavy weight squats since 1988. See the little black part in the middle of the red spot those are stiches that haven't came out yet. I took that picture yesturday right out of the sack. My dad was an lapd powerlifting champion in the 70s. Don't tell me I don't know jack shit about powerliftng. 45 years old in the gym squating benching and deadlifting.

I see the scar but I think they removed your traps along with it :32 (18): Your back has basically no features. It's....weird

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Because its out of context. Post the link to where you got the info.

Do you really think you are going to win this argument with me Zeigler? Keep fighting back. I will make my whole day about you.

What he doesn't understand, I'm assuming bc he's never competed, is that Chris Duffin designed this as a reization or peaking phase. But to get the most out of a realization phase one would need the other blocks beforehand ie accumulation and transmutation phases. Milo doesn't have time to do these phases as he is 3.5wks out. A realization phase without the required prior phases beforehand is not optimal. I would second POB's approach as the best for Milo considering his circumstances.

As to his argument about Mark McGwire..... Well Mark is an all star hitter. That doesn't mean he would make a good batting coach. Tom. Brady is a premier QB. It doesn't mean he could coach QB's like a good QB coach could. Michael Jordan, the greatest basketball player of all time has records upon records and 6 NBA championship rings. There's a reason why he's not a head coach....his on the court success doesn't translate into coaching success.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
I see the scar but I think they removed your traps along with it :32 (18): Your back has basically no features. It's....weird

I haven't been able to do any back for a couple months because it was in there like a marble dipped in acid and everything I did that involved trap irritated it. It made it hard to do a lot of things I usually do in the gym. The stitches haven't even dissolved yet. The size is still there though so I can get back (literally) in the game soon. Thanks for adding insult to injury.

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is what I thought. It is one third of a traditional block program. Can't say I agree with Duffin on this 3 2 1 thing. Met him last weekend and chatted with him for a while. Dude is intense with those eyes. Bought his duffalo bar too.

Anyway what you posted is only 1/3 of a peak. It's part of a traditional block program with three parts; accumulation, transmutation and finally realization.

This is mostly similar to how I peak my guys. Just not with the 3 2 1 thing.

This would absolutely not work in 3.5 weeks to a meet.

POB 4TW.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah this is what I thought. It is one third of a traditional block program. Can't say I agree with Duffin on this 3 2 1 thing. Met him last weekend and chatted with him for a while. Dude is intense with those eyes. Bought his duffalo bar too.

Anyway what you posted is only 1/3 of a peak. It's part of a traditional block program with three parts; accumulation, transmutation and finally realization.

This is mostly similar to how I peak my guys. Just not with the 3 2 1 thing.

This would absolutely not work in 3.5 weeks to a meet.

POB 4TW.

3.5 weeks all he has time for is to at the very least set his openers and hammer accessories.

I don't know why people complicate these things.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Fukk strength first Boston. I'm switching to strengthzeigs!!!

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Really appreciate the help fellas. Lots of good advice. My lifts are weak but I'm pumped to do this one. What openers would you suggest for my lifts?
Squat: 415
Bench: 315
Deadlift: 450

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Q
Really appreciate the help fellas. Lots of good advice. My lifts are weak but I'm pumped to do this one. What openers would you suggest for my lifts?

So I take it those would be the 3rd attempts you'd hit in a perfect meet? I think you should try to hit 85% of those numbers for a triple when you try to hit openers in your training. If you hit it, you have your openers. I'd recommend opening real light. You can make fairly big jumps to get to those numbers in the meet. You want to be able to smoke those openers without a second thought.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes those are my training 1RMs. So if I can hit 85% of these numbers for a triple then they are my openers?

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score

Openers
Squat: 355
Bench: 270
Deadlift: 385

These go well then

2nds
Squat: 395
Bench: 300
Deadlift: 430

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If I hit those lifts well, is the rest by feel for 3rd attempts?

New Threads