DLB = Out for 2015 Olympia

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite bodybuilders, she's taking a pass from this year's O.

Reaction score
I understand her reasons not to compete. She won the first physique show at the O stage and also has a great marketing team behind her. No need to go through the hassle of prepping for such a show and disappoint at the end of the day.

Lilo

Trusted Lady
Reaction score
That's a bummer... lots of people were eager to see how she stacks up against all the women downsizing from bodybuilding.

All the fans she's gathered might not be there only for the show, but it's still what "made her". With this in mind, I'm not 100% sold on the whole "I want to meet more fans and help a lot of people this year" thing.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's a bummer... lots of people were eager to see how she stacks up against all the women downsizing from bodybuilding.

All the fans she's gathered might not be there only for the show, but it's still what "made her". With this in mind, I'm not 100% sold on the whole "I want to meet more fans and help a lot of people this year" thing.

I had the exact same reaction, Lilo. Rob's very much into their brand but I can't help but wonder the impact to that brand if Dana decides she's no longer going to compete on the biggest stage on bodybuilding. I'll also admit having considered what impact Juliana Malacarne's rise to contention had in her decision.

I respect & very much like DLB. She put women's BB on the map IMO. Here's to hoping this is just a brief respite to rekindle the fire.

Last edited:

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
how about she's just fuuuking tired...think about what she has been putting her body through for the last ten years...

I love her but good for her!! :) She needs to take care of "Her"

Magical

Elite
Reaction score
My first thoughts were "I wonder how Rob is taking this news". A big selling point is having a champ rep all your shit

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
how about she's just fuuuking tired...think about what she has been putting her body through for the last ten years...

I feel that, but in a sport like BB the clock is always ticking. She's relatively young, but each year gone by is another challenge she's got to overcome when she gets back on stage. As a pro athlete, being aware of your 'window' is key IME. She's got a great rivalry in the makings with JMC, one which should fuel each of their careers for a few years to come. Here's to hoping she just needs a bit of downtime to rejuvenate.

Beedeezy

Elite
Reaction score
Maybe spend an extra year putting some size on and be back next year bigger. She couldn't compete size wise last year.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I think she's severely downplaying the impact Juliana Malacarne has had.

The gap between her and JM the last couple of contests was pretty big so it makes sense to take some extra time off to catch up if she wishes to return.
No one goes through prep just to keep coming 2nd - especially when you have a history of winning like DLB has. Its not a nice feeling.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think she's severely downplaying the impact Juliana Malacarne has had.

The gap between her and JM the last couple of contests was pretty big so it makes sense to take some extra time off to catch up if she wishes to return.
No one goes through prep just to keep coming 2nd - especially when you have a history of winning like DLB has. Its not a nice feeling.

^^ Agreed ^^

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score

Agreed with that, jenner. She needs to take a break considering all she has been through over the years.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
On a more serious note, her husband's "music" is the worst shit I have ever heard. Ever.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
on a serious note, I don't think she can get any bigger...her frame won't allow it...I don't see much difference each year and you can't keep coming in with the same look..you will lose eventually :(