Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Opinions on Kai Greene not competing in 2015 Mr. O?

Not sure if there's already a thread on this...What do u think? There's obviously something going on behind the scenes. I think they sat Kai down and basically told him he isn't allowed to compete because his lack of professionalism and the image he gives the sport...He's an odd dude, he goes out on stage and acts like he's competing for the best male stripper contest in his weird outfits..then his odd drawn out speeches that don't make much sense. I personally think he could be gay..But IDK. All the judges and competitors know he can't be the face of IFBB with the way he portrays himself. They need professionalism like phil heath and jay cutler etc..or ANY of the other dudes competing on stage who act normal..They prob paid kai some $$ to sit it out and stfu.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 933 Posts
    Phil has a mouth like no other. Look at how he trash talked Arnold. No class.
    Kai is weird but it's a sport of physique. Character should have nothing to do with it. It is understandable that they want an ambassador as well as a champion, but the lengths they go to in blatantly throwing contests has led me to wash my hands of anything IFBB related. But I will say this- to beat Phil, Kai would had to have been not just better but would have had to destroy Phil so there would be no justification by the judges as to why Phil won. This year Kai looked the best he ever has, Phil not so much. I'd go so far to say that they kept him out because they knew Phil was about to get shit on and they'd have no choice but to award Kai a Sandow.
    Don't be a pussy. Crack a high life. Pack a dip. Listen. Beat your ol' lady. Pet your dog.
    Cornelius Coanbread J. Oliver

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milo For This Useful Post:

StoliFTW (09-18-2015),therealkozmo (12-28-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Phil has a mouth like no other. Look at how he trash talked Arnold. No class.
    Kai is weird but it's a sport of physique. Character should have nothing to do with it. It is understandable that they want an ambassador as well as a champion, but the lengths they go to in blatantly throwing contests has led me to wash my hands of anything IFBB related. But I will say this- to beat Phil, Kai would had to have been not just better but would have had to destroy Phil so there would be no justification by the judges as to why Phil won. This year Kai looked the best he ever has, Phil not so much. I'd go so far to say that they kept him out because they knew Phil was about to get shit on and they'd have no choice but to award Kai a Sandow.

I agree with you Milo...I saw some pics of kai and he looked pretty insane. I haven't seen much of phil except a youtube of phil when he was still bulking and who also looked ginormous but no where near the shreddedness of kai. This definitely had something to do with it, which is ****ed up by the IFBB...poor guy worked his ****ing ass off for this. And ya phil has gotten very arrogant and trash talks..I think because he's getting paranoid, and defensive trying to hold his spot on the top. He knows everyones coming for his ass and many of them are looking incredible...it is a BB contest not character but it's also a huge money business and character sells money. Unfortunately the one they're looking for is a well rounded professional "athlete" that people can relate to and feel comfortable looking up to...Kai ruined his chance with his male stripper cross dressing routines and his other promiscuous side jobs
    Last edited by BiologicalChemist; 09-18-2015 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 616 Posts
    There is a similar thread about this already. It was all a big standoff between kais manager and the ifbb regarding money amd advertising space. Sadly it shows the sport for what it is, a corrupt, money hungry beast

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bvs For This Useful Post:

BiologicalChemist (09-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,217 Posts
    Character should have nothing to do with it.
    I think character should have something to do with it. Especially in a tie breaker.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to John Ziegler For This Useful Post:

BiologicalChemist (09-18-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeigler View Post
    I think character should have something to do with it. Especially in a tie breaker.
    You can't be serious.
    Don't be a pussy. Crack a high life. Pack a dip. Listen. Beat your ol' lady. Pet your dog.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Milo For This Useful Post:

SuperBane (09-19-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,217 Posts
    You can't be serious.
    I am totally serious. There are a lot of bodybuilders that are total douche bags. Why would I want to see them win

Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 590 Posts
    A little story:

My wife is a boxer (no, i'm not married to a dog - she's boxing).

She took the Israeli championship 7 times, and took 2nd place in Europe.

After her last win, she wasn't happy. When we got back home I (obviously) asked her why the long face?
    She answered that another female boxer (a training partner) could not compete for personal reasons, and that if this girl would of come to the championship, my wife would of won 2nd place.
    She really felt that she didn't deserve 1st place, because somewhere out there, was a girl that deserved it (and can beat the crap out of her).

What I mean is that sometimes you get 1st place just because the real heavy players didn't come to compete. Without Kai, 1st place is just 2nd place IMHO.

Thanks
    I don't think any of us will know what happened. IMO the IFBB has been corrupt for a very long time. I base this statement on my personal beliefs of how that type of orginization should be run and the calls I've seen the judges make over the years. Truth is; the IFBB is not a nonprofit and when you boil all of this down, this sport (which I deeply love) is nothing more than a glorified beauty contest. The judges make decisions based on what appeals to them. There is no mathematic formula they use, no transparent standard.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” - Aristotle

14. The Following User Says Thank You to grind4it For This Useful Post:

j2048b (09-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,665 Times in 1,125 Posts
    You can't be serious.
    Of the greatest showdowns in bodybuilding history arguably came down to a decision of character at the 1970 Mr. O between Sergio Olivia and Arnold.

Quote Originally Posted by M&D
    “The judges called Sergio Oliva and me together at the end of the evening for the last time. It was clear the scores were close, and I was wondering: ‘What can I do to convince the judges that it's not close, and that I'm ahead of him?’ I was not that convinced myself, but I had to psych myself up because he looked awesome.

“They called for us to free pose [posedown] together. This was my last chance: It was now or never. We posed and posed. He'd hit a back shot; I'd hit a front lat spread. He'd come back with a thigh shot; I'd hit an arm shot. He'd throw in a side chest— all this stuff was flying around like crazy. Finally, Sergio leans over to me and says, 'I'm wiped out. Let's walk off.'

“I said, 'You're right, this is too much.'

“He waved goodbye to the crowd. I made one step to the right [as if to leave the stage] and Sergio walked offstage to the left. I stayed onstage and gestured in his direction [in the manner of asking], 'Why is he leaving? Why is he surrendering? Is he maybe too old? Is he burned out?' I hit some more shots, and the crowd was chanting, 'Arnold! Arnold! Arnold!' Then I bowed and walked off."

"If that got me the win, I never knew because the judges never commented on it. But I think that, besides being in great shape, that was the additional thing that swayed them.
    http://www.************************/...t-rivalry.html

http://johnhansenfitness.com/2013/04...atest-rivalry/
    My posts are for entertainment purposes only

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Iron1 For This Useful Post:

John Ziegler (09-19-2015)

Thanks
    from what i read on TID, lobiner (spelling) has a a video or something out saying all kai had to do was sign the contract and it was a pissing match between 2 companies or something to that effect, i think kai could have competed but his management was in a fight with someone else...

AND NO this happening to kai had NOTHING TODO with the judge starting up his own championship, i was told on the judges website he had said he is starting his new venture quicker than he thought... he is using the kai thing as a catapult to start his own bodybuilding show...and it had been in the works for a very long time...

i hope the new one allows guys to be judged better, without the gh pregnant gut and actually allows them to make a bit more cash, these guys, yes some live very well, while others still live like crap...the IFBB needs to be dissolved

18. The Following User Says Thank You to j2048b For This Useful Post:

SuperBane (09-19-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeigler View Post
    I am totally serious. There are a lot of bodybuilders that are total douche bags. Why would I want to see them win
    Who the **** cares? What does being a douche bag have to do with having the best physique? This isn't Ms. America. It's BODYbuilding. And how can you even judge a character on a scale? How nice is he from 1-10? Let's take character into considering Superbowl championships too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast