Mail attack

Reaction score
Don't know if any members use safemail for gear I just checked mine it said it's been under attack for a week so might want to clean it out better safe than sorry

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what does that mean? can you get into it?

Reaction score
They say they are fixing it I'm not sure if it was breached it says info at login page

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
There is a warning message on the main page for safe mail stating that they've been under attack for a while so free registration has been suspended & the system is running slow as a result.

I haven't noticed anything different - account is still accessible, nothing is missing, can still send/receive mail, etc.

Reaction score
Same here just thought I would let yaw know about it incase you don't check often and it does get breached

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Not familiar with safemail. I am using protonmail now.

Reaction score
Is it really any safer to use safemail and hushmail etc.? I just used yahoo last time cause its easier.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Is it really any safer to use safemail and hushmail etc.? I just used yahoo last time cause its easier.

I think you have a pretty stupid source if they're willing to take orders from your yahoo account.

Reaction score
Why is it stupid? Just curious as to what is being protected by using those mail systems. I figured if they are looking that hard at someone then that little bit of security isnt going to matter.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
You sound like you legit don't give a shit if a source goes down or not - a "little bit of security" is still better than no security at all.
Those systems allow you to utilize encrypted emails which, along side your security measures (PGP, VPN, etc), give you much more protection than a typical email.

I'll repeat what I said earlier, your source has to be very stupid to take orders from any old account - its a sign that they don't give a shit about security in general (that includes protecting client details in case shit goes down btw).

Reaction score
Guess you have a point. I do care if a source goes down. Was told by a well known and trusted source that it legit didn't matter what email I used. And am questioning that advice now. Thats why I asked the question.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Guess you have a point. I do care if a source goes down. Was told by a well known and trusted source that it legit didn't matter what email I used. And am questioning that advice now. Thats why I asked the question.

I explain it like this mason:

Don't be the low hanging fruit. If LE is intercepting communications they simply read your yahoo email. With a secure email they would need to decrypt it. Which would you do with limited manpower and time?

Also hush and safe mail are shit regardless. You need a service that won't respond to us LE inquiries.

schultz1

Honorary VIP
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I explain it like this mason:

Don't be the low hanging fruit. If LE is intercepting communications they simply read your yahoo email. With a secure email they would need to decrypt it. Which would you do with limited manpower and time?

Also hush and safe mail are shit regardless. You need a service that won't respond to us LE inquiries.

This right here. There are some good ones out there. They cost a few bucks but, your freedom is well worth it.

Reaction score
i have nothing to do with tor or sigaint.org, but those would be my choices for private emails, for your private discussions of leveling up your new thunder dragon to protect your new realm and the secret strategies that must be developed to over take the new new comers of evergreen!

New Threads