5'4" needing to Shred, keep/gain muscle mass cycle

Reaction score
I have been training for a year and a half consistently.

Height 5'4"
Weight 175lbs
Age 22
Current Body Fat%: 19%
Male

I started at 25% body fat have gone down to 19%. I started to eat clean, I do eat a lot however. 2000-2500 calories a day. I know 2000-2500 sounds like a small portion, but for my height any more than that and I start gaining body fat exponentially.

I workout 7 hours a week. 4.5 of those hours are spent on reps of 4-6 with heavy weight for 3 sets, the other 3hrs on reps of 10-15. I have gained a large amount of strength and muscle.

I can squat 300 pounds*10reps for 4 sets, I can squat 200 lbs to the ground and up same rep of 10 for 4 sets
I can bench 185 *10 for 4 sets
I can dead lift 225*10 for 4 sets

I have one problem when I tried lowering my calories by intervals of 500 less which I did successfully, I started loosing a lot of strength. I went down to 165lbs but I felt weaker in the gym, even though I drank my supplements and ate nutritious food. So I decided that a steroid cycle might do me well.

I feel no decrease of energy at 2000 calories. According to the doctor I asked, he said I should actually be eat 1500 calories in order to drop weight for my height. I did loose weight but I also lost some muscle mass which is frustrating.

I do not think it is realistic to cut and gain muscle at the same time without steroids. This is why I am considering it, if I can burn fat and keep my current muscle mass, I would be very happy.

Yes there is a lot of obesity in my family which I think puts me at a genetic disadvantage when it comes to weight/body fat. I am of Hispanic descent.

However, we are all short yet look built in my family. I however want to get shredded and not necessarily big and muscular but lean/cut.

I drink about 4 liters of water throughout the day. I am awake at 4:30am and go to sleep around 9:30pm. I go to the gym at 5:00 am for 40 minutes, and then go to the gym at 11:00 am for an hour.

Libido has never been a problem, I wake up with morning wood every morning. I have sex 1-3 times a day depending how many times the wife allows it.

Can any one help me formulate a cycle for me.
My goal is to drop body fat and look cut, keep my current muscle mass, any extra strength gains and muscle mass is a bonus.

I have some money saved under 500 usd. Could you guys recommend a cycle dosages and pct for a 6-12 week cycle.

I was thinking to use as base for 12 weeks: Testosterone propionate or Sustanon 250
The first 6 weeks of that stack Tren
and then the last 6 Weeks of that cycle use Anavar and also Stack Masteron.

For Post Recovery I was thinking
Nolvadex / Arimidex combo
and not sure if I would also need Clomid

curtisvill

Elite
Reaction score
There is a lot more to be done in the nutrition and workout department. You say you are eating between 2000 and 2500 calories, do you know the breakdown of proteins-carbs-fats? A couple of resources to help you hear would be the web site http://iifym.com and download the app my fitness pal. The app will help you track your eating and calories while the web site will help you with your diet macros.

Honestly, I would not reccomend a cycle for you until you lower your BF% and get your diet in order. You mention nothing about cardio when you go to the gym which is an important part of the weight loss process. Sounds like you have the lifting part worked out, it is the cardio and diet that need help.

You are on the right track and you are at the right place to get the help you need. There are a lot of members here with a lot more knowledge than me and I am sure they will chime in. Good luck on your journey brother.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Nutrition is more than eating clean as clean is a subjective word. Look up the IIFYM/DCA sticky in the nutrition forum to help that aspect.

When cutting strength can take a hit. To help maintain strength in a calorie deficit, keep intensity high and reduce volume. That is work with high percentages of your 1RM but cut back on total sets and reps done.

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
I have been training for a year and a half consistently.

Libido has never been a problem, I wake up with morning wood every morning. I have sex 1-3 times a day depending how many times the wife allows it...

You are 22. If you want to keep it like that (on the long run), consider post pounding the idea of cycling for now.

Do more research on diet and training.

You know, sometimes we think we know enough on a subject and in fact we don't. There is so much info out there that you even don't know yet that you need to know! <if this made any sense to you. lol

You got some solid advise from curtisvill regarding your BF %. As usual, DocDePanda187123 is spot on with his comment as well.

You are a strong guy for your age, height and weight - all your goals can be achieved without ass.

Good luck bro, hope you take the advise given to you, you seem like a decent kid.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Drugs aren't needed to lose fat. Your diet is not as perfect as you think. Focus there. If you ran the cycle and make progress guess what happens when you come off?

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
You are 22. If you want to keep it like that (on the long run), consider post pounding the idea of cycling for now.

Do more research on diet and training.

You know, sometimes we think we know enough on a subject and in fact we don't. There is so much info out there that you even don't know yet that you need to know! <if this made any sense to you. lol

You got some solid advise from curtisvill regarding your BF %. As usual, DocDePanda187123 is spot on with his comment as well.

You are a strong guy for your age, height and weight - all your goals can be achieved without ass.

Good luck bro, hope you take the advise given to you, you seem like a decent kid.

Ok, I obviously meant aas. You can not achieve your goal without ass :32 (18):

Reaction score
Thank you for your advice.

Ok, I obviously meant aas. You can not achieve your goal without ass :32 (18):

This made me fall out of my seat.

Thank you everyone, I will work on my diet further, once I reach 12% then I will rethink gear. If I want to pursue this or not.

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hey if you got some $ to burn bro hire someone to write you a diet . Look at it as a first cycle , Do some research find a good nutritionist (spongy) but if not make sure the guy writing your diet has experience in the field you want to be in . Like if I wanted to run a marathon I would go to a seasoned vet marathoner to write my program b/c he or she obviously knows how to get me across the finish line . I am just saying I wouldn't go to a guy with 13 inch arms and ask him to write me a diet to get hewwg w/o getting fat

good luck

Last edited:

New Threads