An ideal starting point?

Gremlin

Lady Member
Reaction score
What's the recommended starting point when adding chemicals to your daily regimen? I'm seeing a lot about making sure your diet is on point, but what exactly does that mean and to whom? Ex; dropping regular copius amounts of weight? Plateau's? <10,20 bf %?

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
I think experience and knowing your body overrides diet when you wanna start adding chemicals to your diet.

Also being ok with being a cheater

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Proper diet is 90%, aas are only 5% and working out is the other 5% IMO. If you have a strict diet to either cut or bulk and stick to it, along with a steady weight routine then that's the main battle. It's easy to give in to a pizza slice or hoagie on the run, but it's tough to eat chicken and beef everyday and hit the gym 4-5 days a week.

Gremlin

Lady Member
Reaction score
Do you have a personal preference for it? I.e., preparing for an event vs weight cutting vs energy enhancement? I've noticed some only use additives sparingly (as you noted the 5%) where others have them frequently in their regimen

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What does your coach have to say? Have you discussed any of this with him/her?

Gremlin

Lady Member
Reaction score
I have not discussed it, no. It would not be a welcomed idea. I've been in this for a while now, and I need a physical change. While of course I would love to enhance my performance, my main focus is to change my body and the way I see my body. I need a bit more help and support than what I have available. I'm hoping my physical fitness will only improve as I focus on my diet and I won't be so focused on how I look and get my head in the game.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
What are you looking for as an end result?

Magical

Elite
Reaction score
Do you have a personal preference for it? I.e., preparing for an event vs weight cutting vs energy enhancement? I've noticed some only use additives sparingly (as you noted the 5%) where others have them frequently in their regimen

Beef is saying that AAS is only responsible for 5% of your results. 90% of getting your ideal results is proper diet.

Gremlin

Lady Member
Reaction score
15% bf and I'd be thrilled. I'm up to 25% as of this morning. I'd like to start there. Typically around 20%. This is the highest I've been since I started training.

Gremlin

Lady Member
Reaction score
The proper diet part always throws me. I can cut weight no problem for a match, but staying low and lean I could never figure out.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Cutting weight is a whole different beast then loosing and maintaining. Sometimes people think that since they hit the gym, a Snickers bar is ok. Your just give some back after all your hard work. Any chance you're like that?

If you can train hard and be disciplined with that, controlling your cals should not be a big problem.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't think you are understanding that no one here with sense is going to recommend that you do steroids when you can't even get your diet under control no matter how many threads you start about it. ;)

As I have already suggested, you need to get yourself in the gym weight training on a consistent basis along with a proper diet before you think of adding any chemicals into the mix.

If you are adamant about doing them, I wish you luck but we are not a source board..therefore, you will need to look elsewhere :)

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
I think that adding chemicals are only beneficial when you reach a plateau, as you said.

If it's strength for a Powerlifter, size for a Bodybuilders, cutting and everything else, the chemicals effects really shine when you have naturally achieved everything that is achievable without them.

At that point, you can asses the benefits and the risks that comes with using chemicals, and come to ש decision. Who knows? maybe you'll be happy with what you see in the mirror and won't need chemicals at all.

You said you have no problem before a match to get into the 15% range or so, and that the problem is to retain it. But you must believe me that you don't want the chemicals to be the thing that keeps you at 15%. You will have to drop the chemicals at some point and you will be disappointed.

What Jenner said is absolutely correct btw.

Last edited:

New Threads