Just realized iv been injecting nonfiltered gear. (No infection... How?)

Reaction score
Ok so iv been using syringe filtere and filtering 10 ml in 45 seconds. Thought it was just because i used mct oil and a caulk gun and some heat from the oil.

Anyways been doing this for a while now and i hsvent gotten an infection... How is that possible. Esp when the oil i use id not usp grade and the breaker that i use isnt sterile

My conclusion is that getting an infection actually hard to do.

Does the ba water kill most germs or something??

But obviously im not gonna continue this method.

The heated oil melted/broke the syringe filter is my guess. Ill just use no heat to filter from now on and re filter the vials that i have

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't understand, you say you've been using a filter but your thread title says unfiltered?
Which is it?

At any rate, you could have an awesome immune system but you're still playing with fire.
Get that shit filtered.

BA doesn't kill bacteria, nor is it water. BA stands for benzyl alcohol. All it does is simply prevent what's already there from propagating.

No offence man but those are some pretty basic things when it comes to brewing. Are you sure you're ready to brew?

Last edited:

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I don't understand, you say you've been using a filter but your thread title says unfiltered?
Which is it?

At any rate, you could have an awesome immune system but you're still playing with fire.
Get that shit filtered.

BA doesn't kill bacteria, nor is it water. BA stands for benzyl alcohol. All it does is simply prevent what's already there from propagating.

No offence man but those are some pretty basic things when it comes to brewing. Are you sure you're ready to brew?

I think what he is saying is that he is breaking the syringe filter by applying too much pressure or heating the solution too much.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Getting an infection isn't that hard to do. You've been luck is all. Make sure not to use too much heat or too much pressure when filtering. Maybe switch over to bottle top filters.

BA will kill some of the bacteria yes but not all.

Reaction score
Getting an infection isn't that hard to do. You've been luck is all. Make sure not to use too much heat or too much pressure when filtering. Maybe switch over to bottle top filters.

BA will kill some of the bacteria yes but not all.

god must be looking after me all. this is nuts.

yea iv been filtering so easy within a minute when i did heat. and 2-3 minutes without heat. i was like wtf are poeple complaining about with syringe filter.... this is easy lmao. now i feel like a fool...

have 20 vials that i did like this. gonna refilter later. just to be safe.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
The same way you dont get an infection every time you cut your finger. Your body fights infections sometimes.

When I was a construction worker in Chicago I used to always get REALLY gnarly cuts and I was almost always super dirty. Working on roofs of 130+year old buildings, there would be rat shit everywhere, needles from junkies, Etc. I never once got an infection.

One day I was working in the garage and got a small scrape on my shin from hitting it on something. Never thought a single thing about it. 3 weeks later my shin looked like there was an egg under my skin and was super hot to the touch. Long story short, infection was so bad that the DR said if I would have waited another 24 hours he is positive I would have been dead. Thats how far the infection traveled. I have a sweet crater on the flat part of my shin to this day.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hard to get...maybe, maybe not. But for damn sure they are a pain in the ass to get rid of...I vote filter. I'm sure my brothers who've seen a 3ml inject turn into a 60ml abscess will agree.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
No, you don't get an infection every time you inject non-sterile meds. Yes, you have been lucky. There are plenty of IV drug abusers out there that don't inject safely and they only get an infection 1/100 times. It is that one time that you do get an infection that could change your life. Safety first.

Reaction score
funny you post this. I just sent a customer pure grapeseed oil. This is a customer who has cursed me out, called me out on an open forum for being a scammer because he did not get his order in 3 days . after 5 days he started calling me out. so i sent him pure grape seed oil and Zinc capsules.

6 weeks later he gets bloodwork and shows his levels are unchanged and calls me out. he didnt get infected. i didnt even use alcohol to swipe the vials .

OP is correct but you should still steralize your shit.

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
funny you post this. I just sent a customer pure grapeseed oil. This is a customer who has cursed me out, called me out on an open forum for being a scammer because he did not get his order in 3 days . After 5 days he started calling me out. So i sent him pure grape seed oil and zinc capsules.

6 weeks later he gets bloodwork and shows his levels are unchanged and calls me out. He didnt get infected. I didnt even use alcohol to swipe the vials .

Op is correct but you should still steralize your shit.

wtf twine?

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
This is a prefect example of why this stuff should be left up to the professionals!

Can you imagine if he sold this crap to other people!

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok so iv been using syringe filtere and filtering 10 ml in 45 seconds. Thought it was just because i used mct oil and a caulk gun and some heat from the oil.

Anyways been doing this for a while now and i hsvent gotten an infection... How is that possible. Esp when the oil i use id not usp grade and the breaker that i use isnt sterile

My conclusion is that getting an infection actually hard to do.

Does the ba water kill most germs or something??

But obviously im not gonna continue this method.

The heated oil melted/broke the syringe filter is my guess. Ill just use no heat to filter from now on and re filter the vials that i have

And you thought the fastest laziest way to brew was the best way. Your last thread on this was moronic to say the least...it was only a matter of time until you made an infection thread. You deserve a kick in your ass to get your brains back in your head.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
funny you post this. I just sent a customer pure grapeseed oil. This is a customer who has cursed me out, called me out on an open forum for being a scammer because he did not get his order in 3 days . after 5 days he started calling me out. so i sent him pure grape seed oil and Zinc capsules.

6 weeks later he gets bloodwork and shows his levels are unchanged and calls me out. he didnt get infected. i didnt even use alcohol to swipe the vials .

OP is correct but you should still steralize your shit.

You deserve a lifetime ban from gear and all forums. Absolutely fkn rediculous. Motivated is pretty dam stupid but you have easily made one of the dumbest posts I have ever read in my forum experience. Your a pos

Hardpr

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
@op. you've been doing this a while you say? syringe filters are cheap at the very least why were you not changing them every time. like stated above ba isnt water based. you have been lucky.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
During the brewing process when u heat up the solution your are killing some bacteria with the heat used. Depending on duration of time held at such temp will result in X amount of bacteria killed. Some brewers will take an extra step before filtering by putting the solution in the oven for an hour at 250 degrees to kill off most bacteria, then filter. You might ask why even filter if the heat is killing most of the bacteria, well there other nasty items like spores that u dont want in your gear. Also any floaters will not go away with heat, u need to filter them out of the solution. So moral of the story is always filter gear and keep your surroundings as bacteria, spore free as possible. Leave brewing to the professionals.....

New Threads