BF% help please!!

Reaction score
ho guys

wanted to post these pics and get some feedback about my BF levels and what to do next woth my diet and such just really feel stuck right now just spinning my wheels and not getting anywhere and feel fat as hell!

20151030_085622.jpg20151030_085718.jpg20151030_085638.jpg

Luscious Lei

Reaction score
You're not really fat, you're skinny fat.
I would say you sit around 17%.
My advice would be to bulk. You don't have much muscle mass and if you go down to 10-12% you'll look like you've just been freed from a nazi camp.
It will also be harder for you to lose fat with so few muscle to burn it.
Do a lean bulk, build some mass and then cut. You'll look much better at your BF with more muscle than at 10% if you go cut now.
Just my 0.02

Reaction score
My advice would be to bulk. You don't have much muscle mass and if you go down to 10-12% you'll look like you've just been freed from a nazi camp.
Do a lean bulk, build some mass and then cut. You'll look much better at your BF with more muscle than at 10% if you go cut now.
Just my 0.02

thanks for the reply!!

any suggestions then on calories and macros and such??
im 21
184cm
82kg

just really want to do this right then and not just get even more skinny fat !!

Luscious Lei

Reaction score
The standard starting point is 40%/40%/20% protein/carb/fat split.

But from your pics you don't seem to exercise much, do you lift or practise any other sport?

Reaction score
i started lifitng and now started getting into powerlifting as everyone in my gym and all my close friends do it so it kinda drew me to the sport

Luscious Lei

Reaction score
OK if you just started lifting just sticking to diet rich in protein (40/40/20 as mentioned above) and training seriously will bring your BF down and your muscle mass up. That's the only time in your lifting life where you can build muscle and lose fat at the same time (as a natty athlete I mean). It won't last for ever and once you stall it will be time to make a choice between putting on mass (and a bit of fat) or losing fat (and a bit of muscle).

Reaction score
OK if you just started lifting just sticking to diet rich in protein (40/40/20 as mentioned above) and training seriously will bring your BF down and your muscle mass up. That's the only time in your lifting life where you can build muscle and lose fat at the same time (as a natty athlete I mean). It won't last for ever and once you stall it will be time to make a choice between putting on mass (and a bit of fat) or losing fat (and a bit of muscle).

What would you say then in terms of how much calories or calculateing my calories and such

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Run a 5x5 program bud I feel its the best way to gain strength and with strength muscle will come also. Eat a lot and train hard you will make solid fast gains. This is the best part of your training career b/c gains come so fast if you stick to a program and eat a lot .

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I was thinking what Lei wrote, I just didn't know how to put it nicely.

You just received some good advice. I differ slightly on the protein intake but that's a fine line for you right now. You're young and just getting into this. It may take some time but in a year, you'll look totally different if you stick to it. I know at your age a year seems like a long time but the guys giving you advice around here have been at it for 10+ years. Listen to them and you're way ahead of the ballgame.

Pull up a chair and stick around.

Last edited:

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
15% or more. I would say to focus on building lean muscle mass. Learn everything you can about how to do it.
Take in 1-1.5 grams or more of protein per pound of bodyweight per day, divided into every 3 hours.
Eat complex, low glycemic carbs.
Go as heavy as you can while staying within the hypertrophy range with reps. 8-12. Occasionally 5-6 to increase strength.
Learn proper form.

View attachment 2195

sorry forgot about the back photo

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Just my 0.02

Yep, even if you keep the same amount of fat that you have now after your bulk, you will decrease your body fat %.

Reaction score
Guys i just want to say thanks so much for all the replies! Really! I appreciate all the help so much! Im just gonna stick to it now and in a year from now!? Who knowss! But i know i will love the process and the results will be awesome thank you guys so much

Reaction score
An option to consider is a BIA scale to continuously track your body fat. Not the most accurate method, but a good way to gauge your progress as opposed to just using the regular scale. You can get one for under $50 if you look around. Also, some gyms offer free skinfold testing if you talk with the personal trainers
-Rev

New Threads