Hey hey hey

Reaction score
Hey all, first thread. Newbie to the forum world here. Just trying to make some juice head friends online. Looking forward to the sarcasm. :)

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UG!

Plenty of sarcasm to go around.

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome...

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This place sucks. Notice the sarcasmn?? Welcome to ug

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What are your goals, stats,ect?

Reaction score
34, 6'1, 185#

Been working out for about 8 years and have achieved my plateau despite changing up the workout plan and diet. Probing around the forums to see what I might do to get to the next level. Chasing that ever-elusive six pack (it's currently a 2.75 pack up high). I've read so much conflicting stuff on diet. To eat or to starve? Just seeing what everyone has to say.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
6'1" at 185#, you're not even close to a plateau unless you have the worst possible genetics, and even that's a stretch. Only a "2.75" pack shows bf may be a touch high for someone who's been busting ass for 8 years.

Don't take this as me ragging on you. Just picking out what I see.

I think one thing you will come to find is that you are actually capable of pushing yourself MUCH farther than you think. I re-learn this about myself constantly.

At 185 you have a ton of room left to grow. What's your typical training week look like? Have you been running any of the popular programs?

Reaction score
Quick rundown... (I don't think my genetics suck so chances are I might not be busting my ass as much as I think????)

A buddy of mine, maybe 4 years ago, convinced me to get on something called SuperNox. It was a powder. DUDE. I went from 190 to like 225 in 2 months. Blew up like a beast (a lot of fat and water of course as well). After figuring out I didn't wanna be swole cause none of my sh*t fit anymore, I stopped that crap. I got on this diet called Super Shred. I lost 35 lbs eating about 900-1100 calories a day and kept gym routine the same.

Sun - tennis, off gym day
M - Chest, tris, 1 hr cardio
T - Back, bis, 30 mins cardio
W - Gluts, abs, 1 hr cardio
Th - Shoulders, 30 mins cardio
F - Legs, 1 hr cardio
Sat - 1 hr cardio, abs

I guess my goals aren't to get "bigger" but to lean out and get more defined. I'm not above supps and willing to try. Virgin to gear though. Not above trying it either but would have to have a solid plan and find my Mr. Miyagi. Don't wanna get on that roller coaster alone. Haven't really run any popular workout programs. Anything you recommend I look into?

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the UG. Correct me if I'm wrong but, did you say your Wednesdays are "glute" days?

Reaction score
YES. I dedicate a day to my arse. Every month, I pick a muscle/group that I feel needs a little extra help. Usually alternate gluts, calves, and mid/lower traps. Is that weird? :/

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
YES. I dedicate a day to my arse. Every month, I pick a muscle/group that I feel needs a little extra help. Usually alternate gluts, calves, and mid/lower traps. Is that weird? :/

Well, if you want a thick, juicy Kardashian ass then, no it's not weird.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
6'1 185 and you're at your 'plateau'...lmao

I don't even need to know your diet...you need to eat more, you'll get bigger...and that's a shit load of cardio

Reaction score
Welcome and I just joined and this place sucks. But I've learned a lot.

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whats up? Welcome to UGBB

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Def lets talk diet. At your height / weight and with all that cardio you should be peeled. If you're not (as described), somethings off.