Bodyfat Problem

Reaction score
Afternoon Gents and Ladies.

Don't want to ask you to read an entire story so I'll talk in key phrases;

Was 400lbs at 18 in 2011
Began eating less / healthier
9-2013 I began lifting. Not knowing much. Learned a lot. Only been seriously lifting for a few months / year at best.
Currently 5'10", 210lbs, ~18%+ BF
Tried a keto diet for a while and lost another 20 or so, but stopped losing fat. Didn't keep my protein high enough either.

Going to try carb cycling;
2 high carb days. On leg days. and on low carb days just have like 30g post workout.
Train 6 days a week
Following Jim stoppanis program, shortcut to shred if you care. Done it before with results.
Keep fat around 50g, protein at 250

Think this will work?
How many carbs on "high carb" days?

Thanks in advance.
My intro post for new members has a pic of my current body, maybe 2 months ago I took pic.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Wait, what is your carb count? It looks like you have 1450 calories from protein and fats. What is the total daily caloric intake?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
@OP - calculate your TDEE, then we can help you with some proposed macros.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
check out IIFYM.com for a good TDEE calculator.

And **** carb cycling. It's maybe good if you're prepping for a BB show or something but just for fat loss and living life? Keep it simple. Just plan some meals out and get your shit prepped for the week. Just make sure you're eating below your estimated TDEE each day. Weigh yourself daily and record the weight. Aim for no more than 2 pounds per week.

You brought up DNP too. Before you run that make sure you post up your plan. A lot of DNP experience here and unlike some boards we are open to talking about it. We can help you get the most out of that.

Nice job on getting control over your life as well man. 400lbs probably had you in an early grave. Unfortunately so many just keep down that road into the beetus, heart disease and a very early death after living some horrible years with joint pains and all sorts of chronic illness. You deserve a real pat on the back. You seem like a lifer in the gym now.

Last edited:

curtisvill

Elite
Reaction score
Nice work to get to this point. SOlid advice above.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Afternoon Gents and Ladies.

Don't want to ask you to read an entire story so I'll talk in key phrases;

Was 400lbs at 18 in 2011
Began eating less / healthier
9-2013 I began lifting. Not knowing much. Learned a lot. Only been seriously lifting for a few months / year at best.
Currently 5'10", 210lbs, ~18%+ BF
Tried a keto diet for a while and lost another 20 or so, but stopped losing fat. Didn't keep my protein high enough either.

Going to try carb cycling;
2 high carb days. On leg days. and on low carb days just have like 30g post workout.
Train 6 days a week
Following Jim stoppanis program, shortcut to shred if you care. Done it before with results.
Keep fat around 50g, protein at 250

Think this will work?
How many carbs on "high carb" days?

Thanks in advance.
My intro post for new members has a pic of my current body, maybe 2 months ago I took pic.

Bro,were do,you get the workout program you are talking about ? I'd like to see it,might would use it....I'm sorta on my last 20# to lose,need something new to use as my workout program

Itburnstopee

Elite
Reaction score
Possible starvation mode? Maybe a mini bulk just for 2 months, confuse the body and then start to cut again. Deadlifts + sprints are good too.

Reaction score
Oh can't post links. BB, Jim stoppani. Shortcut to shred
Can't **** round tho. Gotta do the Cardio in-between

Reaction score
>
PillarofBalance

Ty for the info sir. I get what you're saying, trying to hunker down on my diet. Gets hard when broke lol

I'd say I still have 20+ to lose. Thought about doing a crystal DNP cycle. 250mg/day for 21 days. Maybe breaks in-between weeks? It'll be freezing here soon at 10,000ft. Open bedroom window. V8 daily? Vit c? High protein, low carb. 1+ gal water a day. Don't exercise too hard. Thoughts?

Reaction score
Your BMR is: 1942 Calories/Day
Your TDEE is: 3468 Calories/Day

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
my only .02 but it's a good .02.....FUUUK DNP! You don't need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Your BMR is: 1942 Calories/Day
Your TDEE is: 3468 Calories/Day

I didn't think that looked correct...

Here is what I calculated based on his stats. I used 30 years old since we don't know his age (but it's pretty close even if changed to 20 or 40 years old)

3QfJk3L.jpg

Calc: http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
>
PillarofBalance

Ty for the info sir. I get what you're saying, trying to hunker down on my diet. Gets hard when broke lol

I'd say I still have 20+ to lose. Thought about doing a crystal DNP cycle. 250mg/day for 21 days. Maybe breaks in-between weeks? It'll be freezing here soon at 10,000ft. Open bedroom window. V8 daily? Vit c? High protein, low carb. 1+ gal water a day. Don't exercise too hard. Thoughts?

If money is tight, I'd prioritize better my friend. Spending money to have your diet in check will be better for you vs. spending money on DNP and having a crap diet.

Reaction score
I know Jenner. It's difficult to explain to someone who has never been where I have, but imagine being born in captivity? Wouldn't you risk anything for freedom? Yeah, I'm not in a cage. But a mental prison is far worse. I will not rest until I see 1 ab. <3. I have tasted desperation my entire life.

I'm 22 Trod. Almost 23. Working on dialing in diet, after today it's pretty much going to be basic BB foods. I have a wing eating contest tonight so lol.
Money is not that tight. I could afford some DNP.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know Jenner. It's difficult to explain to someone who has never been where I have, but imagine being born in captivity? Wouldn't you risk anything for freedom? Yeah, I'm not in a cage. But a mental prison is far worse. I will not rest until I see 1 ab. <3. I have tasted desperation my entire life.

I'm 22 Trod. Almost 23. Working on dialing in diet, after today it's pretty much going to be basic BB foods. I have a wing eating contest tonight so lol.

lol, wing eating contest....really!!??

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Check me here, OP: you say you have tasted desperation your entire life and how you won't rest until you see 1 ab. You are contemplating DNP which is one of the roughest rides you can encounter from a physique-enhancing chemical route, and you're doing what again tonight?...

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Check me here, OP: you say you have tasted desperation your entire life and how you won't rest until you see 1 ab. You are contemplating DNP which is one of the roughest rides you can encounter from a physique-enhancing chemical route, and you're doing what again tonight?...

I'm going to eat a fuuking dozen donuts right now....DNP is on its way! ;)

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dude this is what I'll say to you, dnp is nasty nasty shit, it's supposed to be this "quick fix" but it's not. There is no pill out there that will make you wake up with abs. Even dnp for that matter but it doesn't help your issues when you get off.

I tell this to young guys that can't get swole off cycle, so they want to cycle because they don't know proper nutrition. Sure they'll put on 20-30 lbs of hard nuscle, keeping it on (you keeping it off ) is the real test. Trust me bro, do it the rightway, and the safe way, dnp works for some, but I tried ito and didn't care for it or care for the minimal effects it had on me. I went at diet 110% and made more progress in 4 weeks with a great diet and no fuking around then dnp had in 4 weeks at 500 a day. Plus it didn't effect my everyday activities

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hear what you all are saying and I do appreciate it. I have re evaluated my choice and will not do a DNP cycle at this moment in time. I will not lie my diet is not as good as it was when I did lose tons of weight, I have fallen and I realize that. I will try to hunker down and get my shit together. Thank you

New Threads