Need some advice on diet/T3

Reaction score
So I have been trying to lose weight for a bit now and I was doing alright but its starting to slow. I am not sure I have my diet in check. I've been doing a low cal diet. I am 26 M and weight 236. I have been reading about T3 and weight loss and wanted to give it a shot, Nothing too crazy maybe 12-25mg a day just to give me a little more of a edge. Does anyone have any experience or advice?

1500 Cal a day
98G Protein
16.5G Fat
36G sugars
216G Carbs

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
That would be a replacement dose of T3 unless you are hypothyroid. Perhaps less than a replacement dose; in which case it would be counterproductive. Taking exogenous T3 shuts down your endogenous TSH. So do not do this.

There is another reason. A very good one. Taking T3 burns muscle. It doesn't discriminate between fat and muscle unfortunately. Unless you are running steroids, your should not use T3.

Keep your calories low, but try dropping your carbs to less than 30g per day. This will put you in a state of Ketosis which will get your body to use its stored fat as a fuel source. You will drop body fat quickly this way. Get your protein up to at least 190g per day.

Last edited:

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1500 cals a day and you weigh 235? Your eating as much as my girl is. Something is fishy here and it aint my girl....

Actually she does get kind of fishy sometimes but hey its a nice change up from mainly eating clean

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
1500 cals a day and you weigh 235? Your eating as much as my girl is. Something is fishy here and it aint my girl....

Actually she does get kind of fishy sometimes but hey its a nice change up from mainly eating clean

Cals that low may be putting him into starvation mode.

Last edited:
Reaction score
your height would be another good number to give us. 235 lbs may be ideal or not. just age and weight isnt always enuf info for others to help you with

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
id go albuterol if anything.

def not t3.

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You could try clen but the shakes get to be too much for me. What's ur cardio and workout like? We need more details.

Reaction score
That would be a replacement dose of T3 unless you are hypothyroid. Perhaps less than a replacement dose; in which case it would be counterproductive. Taking exogenous T3 shuts down your endogenous TSH. So do not do this.

There is another reason. A very good one. Taking T3 burns muscle. It doesn't discriminate between fat and muscle unfortunately. Unless you are running steroids, your should not use T3.

Keep your calories low, but try dropping your carbs to less than 30g per day. This will put you in a state of Ketosis which will get your body to use its stored fat as a fuel source. You will drop body fat quickly this way. Get your protein up to at least 190g per day.
How do you come off t3? Is the weight rebound real from t3?

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
How do you come off t3? Is the weight rebound real from t3?

You just stop taking it. No need to taper or anything. The thyroid "kicks back in" pretty quickly. Put yourself in a small caloric surplus during this time so as to not suppress the thyroid.

New Threads