Zeigler's - Back 2 Base X

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
The past couple of years I have been doing bench and squat's on the same day once or twice a week at best. In the last 6 months more like once or twice a month to be honest.

At any rate I have a new theory that I will start on Sunday. I'm calling it Back 2 Base X for no particular reason.

Sunday Night

Warm Up 15 mins Treadmill

1. Squats 5x5

2. Military press 5x5

Thursday night

Warm up 15 mins Treadmill

1. Flat Bench 5x5

2. Seated Row 5x5

Will change it up after a couple weeks.

Reaction score
I like the set up, why military and squat on the same day though? Why not keep it bench and squat on the same day? I believe Wendler has a similar template but he keeps the squat and bench on the same day because of the stress on the lower back. I see your doing 5x5 so I'm guessing weight up to the 70-80% range? Might take its toll on that lower back on press/squat day. Just a thought, I'm no pro

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
The past couple of years I have been doing bench and squat's on the same day once or twice a week at best. In the last 6 months more like once or twice a month to be honest.

At any rate I have a new theory that I will start on Sunday. I'm calling it Back 2 Base X for no particular reason.

Sunday Night

Warm Up 15 mins Treadmill

1. Squats 5x5

2. Military press 5x5

Thursday night

Warm up 15 mins Treadmill

1. Flat Bench 5x5

2. Seated Row 5x5

Will change it up after a couple weeks.

What exactly are your goals? What are you trying to accomplish as far as short/long term results?

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
DGzSZ8h.png

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Would be so much cooler if u called it "back to base ECKS"

X <----- short for ECKS

I like the set up, why military and squat on the same day though?

Working the upper and lower body in a similar fashion.

What exactly are your goals? What are you trying to accomplish as far as short/long term results?

Goals

Short term - getting into the habit of lifting weight on regular basis verses whenever everything is perfect (slept good ate right in a good mood or whatever else I can conjure up).

Long term - strength & stability creating an object that is sturdy & hard to push over.

Go for it Big Z, it's definitely something

Thanks, I also have a straight bar, dumbells, neck harness, hand grips, jump rope, and a bicycle that I will be tinkering with at home on the days I don't go to the gym.

I plan on doing this for 3 weeks then taking one week off. On the 5th week will be starting up on a deadlifting regimen.

Z I think you will do great. You are inspiring.

I think you should call the log "Back to Free Base"

As you can see in the Nice 2 Meet U video free base & meth make Zeigler skinny. I don't like being thin like that dude in the machinist.

https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/19892-Nice-2-Meet-U?highlight=nice+meet

I got more video's that are even more skinny mixed with a pale shade of white. We'll talk about those later.

Last edited:

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Starting a new weight lifting regimen tomorrow and have a diet plan that I use and have used for years.

1. eat 15 minutes before the gym

2. eat an apple & potato chips in the gym while working out

3 eat 15 minutes after the gym

Between 15 to 18 hours from the time I lifted there is an all of a sudden super hunger. I prepare for this in advance and expect it to hit me like a ton of brick. Meat & potatoes are just about the only thing that is going to satisfy me at that point. If I can get a nap in right after that it's gain time.

Between 15 to 18 hours after that is a second coming of that super hunger & if I nail it right with another feast and a nap then it's a blatantly noticeable gain.

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
Starting a new weight lifting regimen tomorrow and have a diet plan that I use and have used for years.

1. eat 15 minutes before the gym

2. eat an apple & potato chips in the gym while working out

3 eat 15 minutes after the gym

Between 15 to 18 hours from the time I lifted there is an all of a sudden super hunger. I prepare for this in advance and expect it to hit me like a ton of brick. Meat & potatoes are just about the only thing that is going to satisfy me at that point. If I can get a nap in right after that it's gain time.

Between 15 to 18 hours after that is a second coming of that super hunger & if I nail it right with another feast and a nap then it's a blatantly noticeable gain.

wait a minute, are you going to the gym to workout or eat crisps? now you're confusing me.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
When people say eat eat eat if you want to make gains I take it seriously always have always will. I don't want my body to start feeding off itself in the gym because I was afraid of a little tummy ache.

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
When people say eat eat eat if you want to make gains I take it seriously always have always will. I don't want my body to start feeding off itself in the gym because I was afraid of a little tummy ache.

Don't worry, your body isn't going to "feed" off itself. The only place you see people eating while working out is Planet Fitness.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Don't worry, your body isn't going to "feed" off itself. The only place you see people eating while working out is Planet Fitness.

I got a descent nap in just now and am getting ready to go to Planet Fitness in an hour. I don't actually have an apple in the fridge today so I am going to bring a little kambucha instead.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
wait a minute, are you going to the gym to workout or eat crisps? now you're confusing me.

Crisps? Are you ****ing 80?

You probably call your shit poo!

#backtoschool #adamsandler #potatoCHIPS #yolo

New Threads