Finally decided on a time to start cycling

Reaction score
So, I am 20 and planned on starting next year after interning this next summer. However, with changes in career plans, I decided it would probably be better to start after medical school when I am in residency as I'll be able to fund it a bit better. I really wanted to sooner than later, but I guess this will give me optimal time to get my diet even better.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
I cycle in Chicago too! Usually down the beach in the summer time. I rock a Schwinn. What kind of cycle do you ride?

Reaction score
Those 3-wheeled ones that are primarily used by small children. I...I..just never stopped using mine. Mom says Im special :)

bugman

Elite
Reaction score
My balance is crap. I can't ride anything unless it's got 4 wheels at least.

Reaction score
I think you just need to grab life by the balls and ride that 3-wheeler...

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So, I am 20 and planned on starting next year after interning this next summer. However, with changes in career plans, I decided it would probably be better to start after medical school when I am in residency as I'll be able to fund it a bit better. I really wanted to sooner than later, but I guess this will give me optimal time to get my diet even better.

Sounds good. No need to rush. Plenty of time to further get your training and diet in order.

Cocksuckers are just going to suck.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Are you going to have the time with that work load to get into the gym? Just asking.

Reaction score
Im doing ChemE in addition to pre-med right now for my undergrad, and it gets hard making time for everything, but I've done it. I don't drink, and cut back on smoking, which has helped save money for food and protein. Its a pain in the ass sometimes, but I'm a pretty driven individual. I still hit the gym 4-6 times a week, and have a near perfect GPA. Mental sanity...not so much lol.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
so your 20....

How big are your big 3.....??

what type of size are you?

to be 20 & run 4-500mg of tes you better be one fa king big dude that must cycle to gain more weight. No exceptions, what so ever. Aside that, GL kid, read up.........im not sure as hell going to teach you everything when your 3yrs too young still.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im doing ChemE in addition to pre-med right now for my undergrad, and it gets hard making time for everything, but I've done it. I don't drink, and cut back on smoking, which has helped save money for food and protein. Its a pain in the ass sometimes, but I'm a pretty driven individual. I still hit the gym 4-6 times a week, and have a near perfect GPA. Mental sanity...not so much lol.

I have a 3.91 gpa and barely make it to the gym during the semester :(

Although I work full time, part time have a daughter, wife and house too. But still. I miss the gym.

Reaction score
I had a 3.99. Down to a 3.94 now because of some ****in A-'s. Oh well. I make myself go or else I go crazy. Amphetamines work wonders for studying I'll tell Ya that much. What're you in school for? And gymrat, I won't be starting until I'm like 25+ probably. Rn, im 5'8", ~182lbs. Bench 250 (baseball rotators made this a bitch to get up but it finally is), DL is 430 last summer, squat was 405 in HS. I don't max squat anymore.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
I live vicariously through you smart ****ers. 3.94 and still having a life is beyond my realm of comprehension.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Ah, pre-med and cycle talk...a good way to never get your license. Also, I hope that you find a decent residency program. Not sure what you are thinking of practicing but most are 3-5 years and very underpaid, like $40k/yr for 80hr weeks.

Reaction score
Lol the cycle talk isnt my conversation starter don't worry. And currently, hoping I get into a neurology or psychiatry residency program. Most likely 4yrs. Medicine is basically the only way I see myself working and actually enjoying it. If I just worked as a chemE I could make a lot very quickly but it's so damn boring. Also looking into IBanking right now for internships, as I've made a few connections with Goldman Sachs employees.

New Threads