Trodizzle: Quarter 1, 2016

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Hello gang, Trodizzle here, checking in for Quarter 1, 2016.

Quarter 3, 2015 didn't pan out as I had hoped, due to the holidays, a two week vacation to Mexico with the family and general slacking. As of this post i'm 224.5 lbs which is much fatter than I want to be.

So, that's in the past, I can't control it, I can only move forward. With that in mind, my next milestone will be our couples trip to Cancun this upcoming June. That gives me 6 solid months to train and get as close to snake's physique as possible without recruiting Redrum to help me jack snake for his abs gangsta style.

New things:

Training, sticking to my modified Arnold Blueprint program that is a wide variety of lifts spread over 2 weeks, lifting 5 days per week. I'm going to up the cardio for a bit to see if I can drop some weight fast and do two-a-days for as long as possible (cardio in the am, lifting at lunch).

Fitbit Charge HR. I picked up one of these for Christmas. You guys know I like to track numbers and stats and while I had been using the Mio Alpha for quite a bit of time now the Mio only kept track of heart rate while working out (I had to manually turn it on). With the Fitbit Charge HR I get stats 24/7, so I can get a good idea of how many calories burned in an entire day (true TDEE) vs just calories burned while working out. While the Fitbit Charge HR technology may not be as good as the Mio's technology in terms of HR tracking, it's good enough from my research.

Goal weight is still 198 lbs, lean. I really want to hit that mark to see how I look/feel at that weight.

Subscribe for noods!

Last edited:

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, slacked off a little bit and had a few issues come up and occupied me, got lazy with diet and training a bit. I'm going on vacation in June as well so I'll race you to it. #teamnatty. Been hitting it hard past few weeks and I'm around the same weight, maybe a touch higher

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, slacked off a little bit and had a few issues come up and occupied me, got lazy with diet and training a bit. I'm going on vacation in June as well so I'll race you to it. #teamnatty. Been hitting it hard past few weeks and I'm around the same weight, maybe a touch higher

Let's do it my lean brother!

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hitting 198 for me would most likely be impossible. But you never know.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Hitting 198 for me would most likely be impossible. But you never know.

It's cool, it may be difficult for me as well. 210 is the lowest I have ever been while training and it was short-lived. I seem to hold 215 just fine if I keep my diet in check. Take no ****ing prisoners baby!

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
Good deal both of you guys. I'm in for the noodz

The holidays screwed everyone over. My diet, which isn't much other than all you can eat, went out the door and my lifts slacked off. I didn't miss any but I didn't do them on the days I was supposed to

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lol, that's why I started my program during..I hate that "I'll start after the holidays" shit...if you are going to do something...do it now :) Setting a date is just another excuse in my book!

Luscious Lei

Reaction score
Losing weight, the Dizz method:

SpreadsheetsGraphs.jpg

The Brandon Lilly method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpfexO6L8lo&feature=youtu.be&t=229

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
It's good to have a goal but better to have a plan. This nothing new for you Diz, you just need to stick to the plan and you'll be all buffed up for the next vacation.

Guys that go heavy always need to worry about a catastrophic injury that may derail their progress. Though you don't go heavy, it doesn't mean you too can't have something sideline you. What I'm saying is, pay attention to over training and those nasty repetitive motion injuries. A serious case of patellar tendonitis can put you out of the game just as quick as a torn quad.

Stay healthy; let's do this!

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Those damn Mexico vacations will make a slacker out of anyone. I think they will also make a guy bust ass a little harder when you get back.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
You can lose the weight, but we still cant get you to lose those ****ing shoes huh?!
Not to sideline the post, but how is your back coming along?

I totally forgot to update you guys on my back. Shit's clear son!

After derm scripted accutane (capsules are heaven for this nasty tasting shit), after 3 months, shit is clear. Month 1 was 20 mg per day, month 2 was 40 mg per day, month three (December) was 60mg per day except for during my Jamaica trip when the doc said to not take them due to sun exposure fears. I think she may keep me on it another few months (usually a 6 month run if I recall), I have a follow-up appt tomorrow.

Beedeezy

Elite
Reaction score
Amazing bro!
Really glad to hear you got it all worked out, I know the back was real bad.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Six months to get it done dizzy. I want to see spread sheets!!!! And noods!

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I totally forgot to update you guys on my back. Shit's clear son!

After derm scripted accutane (capsules are heaven for this nasty tasting shit), after 3 months, shit is clear. Month 1 was 20 mg per day, month 2 was 40 mg per day, month three (December) was 60mg per day except for during my Jamaica trip when the doc said to not take them due to sun exposure fears. I think she may keep me on it another few months (usually a 6 month run if I recall), I have a follow-up appt tomorrow.
I keep telling people that are having issues with acne, whether gear related or not, to quit fuking around with all the shit on the market and get a script for Accutane. Getting a doc to prescribe it is a lot easier than a person thinks. The simple fact is that it works, period. Most insurance will pay the lions share of the cost, my scripts were 10 bucks a mo. No insurance? I believe the shit is high dollar, there are other programs that help folks out with high script costs.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
I keep telling people that are having issues with acne, whether gear related or not, to quit fuking around with all the shit on the market and get a script for Accutane. Getting a doc to prescribe it is a lot easier than a person thinks. The simple fact is that it works, period. Most insurance will pay the lions share of the cost, my scripts were 10 bucks a mo. No insurance? I believe the shit is high dollar, there are other programs that help folks out with high script costs.

Exactly. Go to the derm, shut your face about AAS or TRT (unless you know they are cool), get a script. Accutane is strange, it's very, very expensive if you don't have insurance or have to pay out of pocket. I ended up getting mine (any scripted dosage) for $10 per month as well but it was only due to finding a specific pharmacy (Long Prairie in Texas) that had a program for it. Otherwise I would not be able to afford it and would have had to gone UG.

Derm just upped me to 80mg per day and will keep me there for some months she tells me now that 60 has worked fine for a month.