Tool Steel's First Meet

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
TS is doing his first PL meet tomorrow. Time to step up brother. Here's my top ten advice for a first meet. Others can chime in, but I think this covers the most important shit:

1. Make weight. Be on time for the meet, and make sure you have all your shit packed the night before.

2. Most important after making weight and being on time for the meet - DON'T BE A PUSSY!!!

3. Don't fuk around or be intimidated in the warm up area. This goes back to #2. Jump in there and warm up as needed. Don't let other guys push you around in there. Don't be a dick either. Watch where your flight is so you know when to warm up.

4. DON'T BE A PUSSY!!!

5. Open low. Low openers dude. Seriously, open low. Bombing out sucks and can lead to doing shit like ripping street signs out of the ground in the meet parking lot.

6. DONT BE A PUSSY!!!

7. I like the 2nd attempt to be a small, makeable PR, and the 3rd attempt is go for broke depending on how the 2nd felt. I know there are 2 schools of thought on this, but it's my opinion that 9 for 9 is for gays, fats, communists and Ed Coan. You will never be Ed Coan. What he does and did can't be applied to normal humans. His father was a gorilla that raped his human mother at the Bronx zoo and 9 months later Ed Coan came out. I like the Donnie Thompson theory better, and it's more fun. We aren't setting world records like Coan, we are shooting for big PR's. My highest meet total was on a 7 for 9 day. Some day I want to strike that lighting in a bottle and go 9 for 9, but until I'm trying to win Boss of Bosses or a meet like that, I'm not making a 5lb jump on a 3rd squat or pull attempt.

8. DON'T BE A PUSSY!!!

9. Make sure you have plenty of food, water, tunes, and your mobility shit. You will tighten up at some point during the day. Make sure you have plenty of pedialyte, water, pop tarts, PB&J's, and beef jerky. At least that's what I pack. I can't eat to heavy during the meet, but it's a long as day and you need to keep your energy up.

10. DON'T BE A PUSSY!!

You've trained hard and at this point, all that is left to do is go have some fun, compete and pop that cherry.

Good Luck!!

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
And don't be a pussy, good luck my man.

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
Don't forget to pack your big girl panties!

Good luck brother, time to slay it!

Redrum1327

Elite
Reaction score
Good luck bro let us know how you make out. Take your aggressive views on gun control to the platform with you haha

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Great advice DYS. I differ on the 9/9 but that's just a different train of thought and a topic for another time.

To sum up all of this advice in one sentence; conduct yourself like a professional.

Last edited:

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good luck Tool!

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Slit ****ing throats!!!!!

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Don't be a pussy Tool!

In the venerable words of one of our own:

"Show 'Em what your made of.....ohhhhhh yeaaaaaaa"

^^^the preceding quote is commonly attributed to Tren4Life but no one who witnessed it is alive to tell the story....

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Kill it bro! Rip that floor up

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh and remember to take a shit before you go onto the floor. You don't want to have an accident while lifting those heavy weights!! lol

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
Make it happen, brother! One more thing just to recap, don't be a pussy!

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're ready man. Nothing more to say other what Dys said above and what I said to you already...Don't let anything get into your head. Be aggressive but try and remain calm in your head. Pillar always pulls me aside and says "Calm the F#@k down....... You a strong dood, so you got this one. Go crush it man!!!!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Give 'em hell, Mate!

And don't be a pussy.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Lol. Thanks guys.

I can't say enough how much of an impact the support of all of you has made. Made weight this morning, then went and had lunch with a pl friend. Now just laying in my hotel doing some flossing and stretching. Kinda hungry again too.

I'm very excited. Some minor jitters yes but nothin major.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol. Thanks guys.

I can't say enough how much of an impact the support of all of you has made. Made weight this morning, then went and had lunch with a pl friend. Now just laying in my hotel doing some flossing and stretching. Kinda hungry again too.

I'm very excited. Some minor jitters yes but nothin major.

Why aren't you eating? You should be gorging on all the carbs you can stuff in your pie hole. Don't stop eating and hydrating until you go to bed. You should never be more then a few feet away from your next bite.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Why aren't you eating? You should be gorging on all the carbs you can stuff in your pie hole. Don't stop eating and hydrating until you go to bed. You should never be more then a few feet away from your next bite.
Lol I will be grabbing more food here very soon.

New Threads