New guy just finishing a huge weight loss journey!

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Damn man, you stepped up to the plate and took control! Good for you and good for your family. Pisses me off you didn't post up sooner so we could see progress. But hey, I'm a forgiving guy.

You're doing great but remember; 90% of the work is in the last 10%.
It pisses me off I didn't fing the site earlier so I could post my progress but at that time I wasn't even thinking I would accomplish my goal as well as I have! now believe me, I was determined to live, just had failed so many times it had become a mindset! not any more! ive come to love this lifestyle and being in the gym at 5am no less than 6 days a week has become a mandatory part of my day! thanks for being forgiving! I promise, the rest of the journey will not disappoint! I have plenty of old pics ill post for comparison along the way!

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
thanks to everyone for all the warm welcomes! its overwhelming that on a forum filled with guys Im trying to get up to speed with would welcome since im just beginning. again, mindset of being judged for so long as I was as a fat guy still plagues me. I struggle with fitting in but have realized that im well on my way and simply look and feel/act like a different person now! thanks again! another from December 2014 View attachment 2440 from a few weeks ago! View attachment 2439

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Great job!!! Everybody here knows the dedication is takes to do what you've done, and that's why you've gotten a warm welcome. Keep up the hard work and dedication, your looking great.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome congrats. Sounds like you have a lot of helpful advice you could lend with those kind of results.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Awesome congrats. Sounds like you have a lot of helpful advice you could lend with those kind of results.
Indeed I can help as I have learned a whole lot of things during this journey! if anyone has any questions by all means please ask away or pm me! ill be more than glad to help in any way possible!

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! I lost about half of what you did, your progress is amazing! I'm in Knoxville, where in TN are you? Keep up the hard work. You found a great site full of people with excellent advice, well most of 'em anyway.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! I lost about half of what you did, your progress is amazing! I'm in Knoxville, where in TN are you? Keep up the hard work. You found a great site full of people with excellent advice, well most of 'em anyway.
im in new Orleans. we have a cabin in Gatlinburg we go to twice a year though.. congrats on your weight loss! life is so much better without all the aches and pains of obesity!

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
down to 249lbs. starting eating more and lifting heavier. emphasis is now shifting more on growing muscle as opposed to losing weight. I feel as though where I am in terms of weight loss is awesome and a good weight for myself..View attachment 2452

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Wow, >200lb loss in 13 months? Was there surgery involved or just lots of cardio?

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Wow, >200lb loss in 13 months? Was there surgery involved or just lots of cardio?
lots and lots of cardio, then lots and lots more. we tried to have surgery but insurance wouldn't cover it and I couldn't afford it. biggest thing was killing my diet. I was eating no less than 9500 calories a day and they were shit calories! mostly fast food crap. I used to say I don't know how I allowed myself to get so overweight but I was lying to myself! it was my daily choices I made. now I was in the gym a lot prior to dieting. I was telling myself I was doing what powerlifters do by eating tons but had no real idea what true powerlifters do! I was strong as hell at that high weight, but lost most of that along the way. its been a long road, tons of sweat, gong to bed hungry and hell even cried a little at times but it has paid off 10 fold now!

Massacre

Reaction score
Very impressive bro. You must feel like a million bucks and very well deserved. You kept your eye on the prize and sacrificed a lot I'm sure to get you where you are. You can't stop, won't stop now.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice work. Gaining or losing 210 lbs is a hell of a challenge.

Schredder

Reaction score
WOW, excellent job brother!!! You should be proud of yourself. Setting a goal and achieving it is something not too many people do any more. Stay positive and keep moving in the direction you are. You have the dedication to keep improving.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
WOW, excellent job brother!!! You should be proud of yourself. Setting a goal and achieving it is something not too many people do any more. Stay positive and keep moving in the direction you are. You have the dedication to keep improving.
thanks! it honestly started as just wanting to be healthier for my family so i could be here for them! as i started, i had many days i wanted to quit but didn't want to fail them or myself like i had so many times before! fast forward to now, i love every aspect of my journey! im proud of my accomplishments and my daily gym time has become more of a time i look forward to rather than a burden. the results i am getting so far makes every drop of sweat, every sore muscle beyond worth the work!

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
I can't wait to see a guy with your genetics and structure get jacked, bigdog. It's gonna be awesome!

New Threads