My dry ass hands

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I made a appointment with a dermatologist but I figure I will share a pic maybe someone else is going through this . It only happens in the winter my hands get dry to the point of almost cracking (this year is the worst) in the picture those red blotches that appear occasionally feel like there are pins under my skin trying to poke up through . Lotion doesn't really help the only thing that will is if I lotion and put surgical gloves on for a while it will relieve them temporally.

anyway I will let you guys know the results when I get them Thursday but if you have an idea love to hear it

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Damn man I've never had anything like that happen. There's some good lotion my mom used on her legs cus she had something similar but I can't remember the name. I'll ask her and get back to you. That don't look good brother. Hope the docs help u out.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I got locked out of my phone today. I have a fingerprint sensor and couldn't remember the back up pass. My hands dry out like that and it could read it.

Keep them warm, hydrate the hell out of them and keep lotion around. Only thing I do. Yours are worse than mine though.

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am not a diabetic, My hands always dry out horribly in the winter, lifting iron makes it worse. This rash shit comes and goes and has never happen'd before . I handle dirty ass boxes all day long and constantly wash my hands so that doesn't help either. That pic is the worse it has ever been I describe it as a burning sensation with pressure pushing outward on every bump.. The bumps go up into the webs and even on the other side close to the knuckles . I took the pic b/c most likely when I get to the doc they wont look that bad .

To combat this crap I have been using lotion then putting on surgical gloves (non latex) all though I am not allergic. I also do it after I lift to try and sooth them a bit its been helping some

I am thinking its eczema. if you google eczema pictures on hands the pics that come up are worse but its the closest thing I can find that looks like it

Reaction score
They look bad man. How much water are you drinking daily? Drink a lot especially winter...I use Cerave lotion with phytoceramides in it. It's the best one.

Schredder

Reaction score
Guaranteed the handling of dry boxes all day long isnt helping. Thats sucking the moisture right out of your skin.

What I recomend to start with is when washing your hand or showering DO NOT use hot water, use luke warm water. And go get yourself some cortisone cream. You can buy it at the store . The store sells the .5% cream but, you can get the stronger 2% kind with a prescription. Mix some of that with lotion and moisturize you hands with that mixture a few times a day. Every time you wash your hands, or shower reapply it. And before handling anything dry, like the boxes at work make sure you moisturize before hand.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Corn Huskers lotion is pretty awesome stuff.
The name is a bit goofy but trust, it works.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm no doctor but I'm going with eczema. Considering it's on the palm of your hand, my guess is there's something that you are grabbing every day that is triggering this. I would say if you can find out what that is, you got this thing licked.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In the winter the backs of my hands can get pretty bad. They will get to the point of cracking & bleeding. I've never had the issue on the palms though. Cortisone cream definitely helps. Also not all lotions are good to use & can actually make it worse. Is give the coconut oil a try as suggested. I wash my hands frequently, which sucks cause you have to keep whatever lotion on hand all
The time. Hope the derm can help you out.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
x2 on the eczema thought. I was a collision tech/body man for years and feeling metal in the winter did this to my hands every year! my godsend was boudreauxs butt paste! now I know how it sounds but my dermatologist recommended it to me! I would get it all on my hands really good and cover them with socks before bed. allowing it overnight really allows it to soften the skin and eliminated the cracking and pain. since I became the body shop manager it doesn't happen anymore but I still occasionally put it on like I did back then just in case! it was very painful! good luck!

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
thanks for the love everybody! I will let you guys know what the doc says tomorrow

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
The back of my hands look like that but not the palms.

The dryness is probably from the winter and the boxes.

The red dots and rash are probably from sweaty palms soaking up dirty barbell and dumbell iron juices.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If u jerk off with that hand u will shred your cock up

New Threads