Few Quick N00b Questions!

M1seryD1str1ct

Reaction score
In a nutshell: New to site, researching for (hopefully) upcoming 1st cycle, a few questions coming to mind if you guys don't mind...

1) Many here seem to advise getting bloodwork done before and after cycles...Is this done with a general practitioner or perhaps best kept with a private, anonymous quick lab? Also is there any specific type/name of test I should be looking for? (Covered under insurance also or nah?)

2) Naturally (no pun), I'm quite perplexed about gyno titties. Only plan on running test alone for my 1st cycle or 2. Friend of mine who's used for years states never really utilized AIs or much PCT due to the moderate dosing and breaks between cycles he incorporates. Would I be a fool to start a cycle even with just test and not have some sort of AI or Nolva on hand?

3) For a 1st timer not looking to go crazy (really want to take the slow and steady route over the upcoming years), what would be a good amount of test to start up on? I know this is impacted by the type of test, etc. too though...

4) Along the same line as #2: I'm hearing PCT staples such as Nolva and Clomid are fairly hard to find around my area, is it ever feasible to simply skip post cycle therapy?

Thanks so much dudes, learning loads from you all already. Stay metal \m/

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1. Private labs
2. Cardinal rule of AAS = have everything on hand before you start. PCT is not an option, it's mandatory. Unless you're on a blast/cruise status which you will not be.
3. 500 mg Test E or C per week. Pin Mon/Thurs.
4. Again, see #2. If you want to keep any gains you earned, you must PCT.

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
1. Private labs
2. Cardinal rule of AAS = have everything on hand before you start. PCT is not an option, it's mandatory. Unless you're on a blast/cruise status which you will not be.

^^^^^^this right here. it's pretty much the standard.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Everything Milo said, plus read the sticky on 1st cycles for a detailed look at a common PCT.

Seems you've got things sorted. Enjoy your run!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In a nutshell: New to site, researching for (hopefully) upcoming 1st cycle, a few questions coming to mind if you guys don't mind...

1) Many here seem to advise getting bloodwork done before and after cycles...Is this done with a general practitioner or perhaps best kept with a private, anonymous quick lab? Also is there any specific type/name of test I should be looking for? (Covered under insurance also or nah?)

2) Naturally (no pun), I'm quite perplexed about gyno titties. Only plan on running test alone for my 1st cycle or 2. Friend of mine who's used for years states never really utilized AIs or much PCT due to the moderate dosing and breaks between cycles he incorporates. Would I be a fool to start a cycle even with just test and not have some sort of AI or Nolva on hand?

3) For a 1st timer not looking to go crazy (really want to take the slow and steady route over the upcoming years), what would be a good amount of test to start up on? I know this is impacted by the type of test, etc. too though...

4) Along the same line as #2: I'm hearing PCT staples such as Nolva and Clomid are fairly hard to find around my area, is it ever feasible to simply skip post cycle therapy?

Thanks so much dudes, learning loads from you all already. Stay metal \m/

1. Private md Labs
2. Don't **** around with bitch tits. Have adex on hand
3. 500 test should be adequate. The type does not matter but don't do prop for a first cycle. Get cyp or enanthate. This is so there is less frequent injects. Learn technique before jumping into 3 pins per week.
4. Use an international pharm for adex nolva and clomid. All day chemist is one example. There are others.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Milo hit it..... again!

M1seryD1str1ct

Reaction score
1. Private labs

Awesome, thanks man (and all you other jacked f***ers!). Level of support (and timely support at that) on here is unreal.

Only question: at 500mg/week would you be pinning 500mg Mon AND Fri, or 250mg Mon then 250mg Fri?

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks man (and all you other jacked f***ers!). Level of support (and timely support at that) on here is unreal.

Only question: at 500mg/week would you be pinning 500mg Mon AND Fri, or 250mg Mon then 250mg Fri?

250 mon and Thursday

nightster

Elite
Reaction score
Post yp your progress once you start. Good luck!!

Schredder

Reaction score
Along with the advice already given I will add two things. First, I would strongly recommend running HCG full the full length of your cycle, it will prevent testicular atrophy thus making for an easier recovery. Standard protocol is 250ius twice per week on days you inject Test, stopping 4 days before you start PCT. Second I would not only have an AI on hand I would use it from day one. You have whats called aromatase enzymes in your body that Testosterone will attach to and convert into estrogen, using an AI mitigates this. Having an AI only on hand does nothing. It is better to be proactive than to be reactive. Once e2 (a form of estrogen) has risen too high it will come with a bunch of unwanted side effects and will take some time to get back under control. If you are worried about gyno then keep a SERM such as Nolvadx on hand. Run the AI from day one to prevent aromatization and if nipple issues do arise then start a low dose of Nolvadex.

Last edited:

M1seryD1str1ct

Reaction score
Along with the advice already given I will add two things. First, I would strongly recommend running HCG full the full length of your cycle, it will prevent testicular atrophy thus making for an easier recovery. Standard protocol is 250ius twice per week on days you inject Test, stopping 4 days before you start PCT. Second I would not only have an AI on hand I would use it from day one. You have whats called aromatase enzymes in your body that Testosterone will attach to and convert into estrogen, using an AI mitigates this. Having an AI only on hand does nothing. It is better to be proactive than to be reactive. Once e2 (a form of estrogen) has risen too high it will come with a bunch of unwanted side effects and will take some time to get back under control. If you are worried about gyno then keep a SERM such as Nolvadx on hand. Run the AI from day one to prevent aromatization and if nipple issues do arise then start a low dose of Nolvadex.

Super insightful, thank you so much. Would running an AI concurrent with the test in any way minimize or hold back the positive benefits the test is giving?

Also from what I read since Nolvadex for instance is mainly a PCT drug, would that in any way inhibit the test by running it while 'on'?

Again thanks so much dude(s)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Super insightful, thank you so much. Would running an AI concurrent with the test in any way minimize or hold back the positive benefits the test is giving?

Also from what I read since Nolvadex for instance is mainly a PCT drug, would that in any way inhibit the test by running it while 'on'?

Estrogen itself has anabolic properties. If you run too high of a dose of aromasin then yes it will inhibit some growth - hoe much? Who knows likely not much though.

Shredder is talking about aromasin not adex. Keep that in mind. They are different things.

If you control e2 on this cyclyrics with aromasin or adex you won't need the nolva while on.

I usually recommend for first cycles to not run the ai until issues show up or blood work indicates it. It's always best not to take drugs when not needed. Also first cycle is a learning experience. Understanding how bad you aromatize is important knowledge for future cycles.

Schredder

Reaction score

Running an AI (Aromasin or Arimidex) during your cycle will not hold back any positive benefits the Test is giving. These drug are used to prevent conversion of Test to Estrogen. You do want a proper dose though. And getting mid cycle blood work done and checking Estradiol will tell you if you need to raise or lower your dose depending on where the numbers sit. You want that number to be in optimal range.

Nokvadex is not mainly a PCT drug. It is a SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator). It has two uses in the BBing world. First, to block estrogen from attaching to and activating estrogen receptors ie: mammary gland, causing gyno. Second, for use during PCT to help turn back on LH (leutinizing hormone) and FSH (follicle stimulating hormone)....two hormone needed for Testosterone production.

Schredder

Reaction score
Nolvadex will also not inhibit the Test in any way shape or form.

M1seryD1str1ct

Reaction score
Pillar and Schredder thanks so much again, notating all of this

Only question that remains is for mid/post cycle bloodwork, I understand there are multiple types of blood panels you can select when paying for one at a private lab. Would just the basic testosterone one suffice? Or would it need to be the $300 full on male panel that includes lipids, test, and the whole 9 yards?

Schredder

Reaction score
Pillar and Schredder thanks so much again, notating all of this

Only question that remains is for mid/post cycle bloodwork, I understand there are multiple types of blood panels you can select when paying for one at a private lab. Would just the basic testosterone one suffice? Or would it need to be the $300 full on male panel that includes lipids, test, and the whole 9 yards?

Female hormone panel is the one you want.

New Threads