Where's the discipline?

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Worth the watch. Bottom line; I need to train harder.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
The only thing I cared about was my totals?

That's sad on a lot of levels.

I think that's open to interpretation. "All I cared about" is different for different people IMO. As long as you're not shutting out other things that are also important, I don't see a problem.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Who doesn't realize at a certain point in their adult life that if they knew then what they know now? I think most people realize that. I sure as hell do. Tate is awesome but he's speaking to the choir here.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That was a bunch of self serving bullshit. I work harder than you, my generation was better, we cared more. Sounds like a jealous old man. It's the same old bullshit you hear from lots of old retired athletes.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
It don't matter how good you are at anything, you will have regrets, part of life man.

CardinalJacked

Squat King
Reaction score
The only thing I cared about was my totals?

That's sad on a lot of levels.

agreed. Right now I'm balancing lifting, school, and a job. I have about 3 hours of classes monday thru friday, studying at most 2 hours a day. If you cant get your training and meal prepping or whatever else you do to get ready for a meet in the other 19 hours of the day than you gotta rethink your schedule. I'm sure it was easier to go to college for 8 or 9 years back then when it only costed a few thousand a year compared to $20,000. But yeah, everyone had it harder back in their generation was growing up.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
But yeah, everyone had it harder back in their generation was growing up.

I fear for the future of my young men. They could walk out of college with 3.2 and not have a job? Back in my day, you just got the degree and you were set. Even if you went right into the workforce, you did just fine. You performed well at your job and the company took care of you.

The stress future generations are going to be under is going to be immense. It's also going to manifest itself in many areas of our society; not for the better.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I fear for the future of my young men. They could walk out of college with 3.2 and not have a job? Back in my day, you just got the degree and you were set. Even if you went right into the workforce, you did just fine. You performed well at your job and the company took care of you.

The stress future generations are going to be under is going to be immense. It's also going to manifest itself in many areas of our society; not for the better.

yep, kids these days living with their parents into their 30's....next will be 40's etc...until they never leave...it's pretty fuuked up

thank god I don't have to deal with that shit...

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I know plenty of young people walking out of college with USEFUL degrees and into good jobs. Believe me, I interview lots of young kids and they seem to be evenly split into two extremes: they are either absolute go-geters chomping at the bit to do whatever it takes to move up the ladder and "succeed" (and this can be a bad thing for other reasons I'm not getting into here).

Or you have the type 2 "Sir, I have this sweet liberal arts degree. I should be starting at $100k with a 30 hour workweek and 4 weeks vacation even though I have no experience or clue what I am doing."

There are also plenty of good, well-paying jobs in the trades, but parents have raised a few generations of kids that think it's beneath them to work with their hands and get dirty.

If you perform well at your job and have a viable skill, most companies will take care of you. If they don't, find another company. If you can't find another company with your skill set, you probably aren't as skilled as you think.

Beedeezy

Elite
Reaction score
I know plenty of young people walking out of college with USEFUL degrees and into good jobs. Believe me, I interview lots of young kids and they seem to be evenly split into two extremes: they are either absolute go-geters chomping at the bit to do whatever it takes to move up the ladder and "succeed" (and this can be a bad thing for other reasons I'm not getting into here).

Or you have the type 2 "Sir, I have this sweet liberal arts degree. I should be starting at $100k with a 30 hour workweek and 4 weeks vacation even though I have no experience or clue what I am doing."

There are also plenty of good, well-paying jobs in the trades, but parents have raised a few generations of kids that think it's beneath them to work with their hands and get dirty.

If you perform well at your job and have a viable skill, most companies will take care of you. If they don't, find another company. If you can't find another company with your skill set, you probably aren't as skilled as you think.
Well said, sad but true.

New Threads