Thanks

Possile alternative way of brewing? Give me your thoughts

Hey all, I'm new to the site and new to brewing but not new to pharma manufacturing. I've been reading and wanted everyone's thoughts on this. It's the normal method but then a tweaked end.

Autoclave tempered beakers, stoppers, vials, etc. mix the product in the beaker on a magnetic rotating hot plate. Filter with a .22um filter into media bottle then inside a flow hood, pipet 10ml into vials.

I guess my main question is if I can do the pipetting part in a hood oppose to doing the syringe filters and pre-sterilized and sealed vials.

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks
    Thanked 15,702 Times in 6,875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weight View Post
    Hey all, I'm new to the site and new to brewing but not new to pharma manufacturing. I've been reading and wanted everyone's thoughts on this. It's the normal method but then a tweaked end.

Autoclave tempered beakers, stoppers, vials, etc. mix the product in the beaker on a magnetic rotating hot plate. Filter with a .22um filter into media bottle then inside a flow hood, pipet 10ml into vials.

I guess my main question is if I can do the pipetting part in a hood oppose to doing the syringe filters and pre-sterilized and sealed vials.

Let me know your thoughts
    Yes that's how it's done with larger volumes. You will want to keep the oil warm during filtering to keep it flowing.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks
    .................................................. ................................................
    Last edited by strongbow; 09-04-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks
    dude if u got an autoclave and a hood, get urself some sterile pumps that fit onto ur media bottles, it will save u a ton of time and it keeps the brew from being exposed... when ur done sterilize and throw it in a sterile freezer... and wait for next batch