Finally Quit

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There is shredded mint that comes in a tin. Looks like dip. Might help. Otherwise use the patch

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Chew a piece of gum up to get it soft and chewy lol then pack the gum where u used to pack the dip. It's a mental thing. Should help tremendously.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just ****ing do it 11Bravo. Been there, done that. Nothing worked other than a straight month of no dip. There ain't no substitute. Find your reason to quit and if it's important enough, you will.

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, dude..just admit to yourself that you are going to want a dip. Trying to trick myself into thinking that I didn't want one only made it worse. I told myself that it would pass and it did.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer...itting-smokeless-tobacco-staying-tobacco-free

Staying tobacco-free
Staying quit is the final, longest, and most important stage of the process. You can use the same methods to stay quit as you did to help you through withdrawal. Plan ahead for those times when you may be tempted to use tobacco. Think about other ways to cope with these situations.

More dangerous, perhaps, are the unexpected strong desires to use tobacco that crop up months or even years after you’ve quit. Rationalizations can show up then, too. To get through these without relapse, try these:

Review your reasons for quitting and think of all the benefits to your health, your finances, and your family.
Remind yourself that there’s no such thing as just one chew or dip.
Ride out the desire. It will go away, but don’t fool yourself into thinking you can have just one dip or chew.
Avoid alcohol. Drinking lowers your chance of success.
If you’re worried about gaining weight, put some energy into planning a healthy diet and finding ways to exercise and stay active

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love dipping to much to quit. I really need to.

I know people that have done it with nicorette gum and Jake's Mint Chew (this is the stuff pillar is talking about)

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love dipping to much to quit. I really need to.

I know people that have done it with nicorette gum and Jake's Mint Chew (this is the stuff pillar is talking about)

I did too but I noticed my gum line was starting to hurt a lot. So I went to the dentist and he said it's because of the length I've been doing it and how much. He said it more get more excessive so it'd be beneficial to stop ASAP. So that was it, I was stopped that day and I still had a log left. Such a shame. I'm gonna have to see if I can find that mint chew

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I came into this thread thinking it was about PCT ... Good for you Inf

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I did too but I noticed my gum line was starting to hurt a lot. So I went to the dentist and he said it's because of the length I've been doing it and how much. He said it more get more excessive so it'd be beneficial to stop ASAP. So that was it, I was stopped that day and I still had a log left. Such a shame. I'm gonna have to see if I can find that mint chew

and that's awesome you stopped that day! :) The day my biopsy came back positive and a surgery date was scheduled...I knew that the day before surgery was the last day I would have any bad habits...it's been a year and 4 months with no drinking/social smoking etc...and I wouldn't have it any other way. All it takes is to be told that my health is in jeopardy and I have no issue stopping whatever it is causing it.

keep what he said in mind every time you want to give in.....;)

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
and that's awesome you stopped that day! :) The day my biopsy came back positive and a surgery date was scheduled...I knew that the day before surgery was the last day I would have any bad habits...it's been a year and 4 months with no drinking/social smoking etc...and I wouldn't have it any other way. All it takes is to be told that my health is in jeopardy and I have no issue stopping whatever it is causing it.

keep what he said in mind every time you want to give in.....;)

Good for you Jen, I'm glad everything worked out for you. As soon as he said stop with a serious look, I was done. I've seen some pics of what that type of cancer can do, and I'm not willing to walk around with half a jaw.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good for you Jen, I'm glad everything worked out for you. As soon as he said stop with a serious look, I was done. I've seen some pics of what that type of cancer can do, and I'm not willing to walk around with half a jaw.

:) Thanks!

Yep, I can't understand the mentality that a habit that could cost you your life is more important than "your life"....as in someone who has lung cancer...has treatment with a good/great outlook but continues to smoke....etc....

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good job man

I only did that shit for a short time

I was drunk one night and accidentally swallowed the whole dip.. I was so sick for like 48hrs.. never went near it again

Moved onto cigars

New Threads