The SPF goes down like Frazier

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess the Powerlifting gods have had enough of the SPF. As of July 1st, Powerlifting Watch will no longer consider lifts completed in SPF meets to be legitimate, and they will not count towards records and rankings.

I'll just leave this here....

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
this is not a done deal. the spf has made rule changes to meet what pl watch was bitching about

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well, I guess the Powerlifting gods have had enough of the SPF. As of July 1st, Powerlifting Watch will no longer consider lifts completed in SPF meets to be legitimate, and they will not count towards records and rankings.

I'll just leave this here....

stevie-wonder-10.30.2013.jpg

"Good squat, sugar."

Ray-Charles.jpg

"I concur, baby!"

ImageCache

"Wah--tuh."

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
this is not a done deal. the spf has made rule changes to meet what pl watch was bitching about

Its been an ongoing issue for a long time. The spf said they would make rule changes and never stick to it. Q

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Funny that Eric, Zahir, Andrei out squat them in basketball shorts and actually hit depth.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you can't judge from camera's. that was 1 of the bitch's that pl watch addressed. jessie reversing calls by watching video . now judges decision stands

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Ken you're gonna honestly say that any of those squats in that video should get all white lights? They're not even close to hitting let alone breaking parallel and some of these are for world records. It's absurd. It sucks for guys who actually hit depth and can't lift as much because they're not 1/4 squatting it.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When you can see that it's not even close from the front view, you know there is a problem.

I agree that it's the worst angle to see depth, so when it's obvious from the front, there is a big problem.

Hellen Keller would have red lighted most of those squats.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you can't judge from camera's. that was 1 of the bitch's that pl watch addressed. jessie reversing calls by watching video . now judges decision stands

You really can judge from video. And this has gone on long enough. The Squat Partial Federation has had this issue come up repeatedly. The squats in that vid are clearly high. Anyone can plainly see that.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
As much as I hate seeing high squats passed, it's almost equally as frustrating seeing top IPF lifters get red's on good squats. The judging at the Arnold was absurd and inconsistent.

Edit:

This hit 2 reds. Her 2nd attempts looked IDENTICAL and got whites.
https://instagram.com/p/BCyEhOEJ6Nc/

Last edited:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
When you can see that it's not even close from the front view, you know there is a problem.

I think the front angle is the best view to show how grossly off they are. If it looks high from the front, it's worse from the side. From a competition end, I always felt the head judge will give you the benefit of the doubt; now you just need to convince one of the other two.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think the front angle is the best view to show how grossly off they are. If it looks high from the front, it's worse from the side. From a competition end, I always felt the head judge will give you the benefit of the doubt; now you just need to convince one of the other two.

I feel the same. Don't think I've ever seen 2 whites from the side and red from the head judge.

New Threads