T3 for ladies

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Asking on behalf of a female friend of mine. i know little about T3 and even less about its use in women so i thought id ask you guys and girls.

she wants to do a run of T3 as follows:
week 1 25mg
week 2 50mg
week 3 25mg

she is an experienced lifter who has used var, winny and clen before
from my basic knowledge the run seems a little short, should she do another week at 50mg or something?

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
T3 by itself is catabolic when used above a maintenance dose. She should use it with AAS.

25mcg is considered a Replacement Dose in men -- not sure about women. So check into this as there is no point in shutting down the Thyroid only to run a replacement dose.

And please verify mg vs mcg.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Ah shit, they should definitely all be mcg, dont want to kill the poor girl haha

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sorry, can't help with this one...have never used it..

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
T3 is 3-4x as powerful in women than in men. watch it

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
T3 by itself is catabolic when used above a maintenance dose. She should use it with AAS.

25mcg is considered a Replacement Dose in men -- not sure about women. So check into this as there is no point in shutting down the Thyroid only to run a replacement dose.

And please verify mg vs mcg.

How much does aas counteract the catabolic effect? If used on blast would you still build muscle, or simply maintain?

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
How much does aas counteract the catabolic effect? If used on blast would you still build muscle, or simply maintain?

I can't quantify that. Maybe someone who has spent more time researching this and seeing it in practice with women could answer that. Someone like MrRippedZilla.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score

Proteolysis with T3 is dose dependent. The higher the dose, the more protein loss you'll experience.

Reaction score
Writing on behalf of a female friend of mine too, she once told me she used t3 (cytover), warned it's very risky, but she had huge goals to achive in contests. Luckily, no issues, will ask her about the dosage when meet her.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score

I can't quantify that. Maybe someone who has spent more time researching this and seeing it in practice with women could answer that. Someone like MrRippedZilla.

Sorry for the late response - we really could do with a system in place to tag members :)

AAS does counteract the catabolic effect so yes, you can still build muscle on a blast.
However, IMO anything above a replacement dose of T3 on a bulk, the need being dictated by BW, is a waste. It's still a catabolic compound by nature and the whole "T3 can be anabolic" broscience just doesn't fly with me.

For women specifically, I rarely if ever use T3 on a bulk since BW doesn't dictate a need for it with most compounds (var in particular actually has a positive impact on thyroid output ime).

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Using t3 while trying to gain weight is just counterproductive and stupid.

However using it on blast where you are leading into a meet and need to keep within a weight range could have some merit....

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response - we really could do with a system in place to tag members :)

AAS does counteract the catabolic effect so yes, you can still build muscle on a blast.
However, IMO anything above a replacement dose of T3 on a bulk, the need being dictated by BW, is a waste. It's still a catabolic compound by nature and the whole "T3 can be anabolic" broscience just doesn't fly with me.

For women specifically, I rarely if ever use T3 on a bulk since BW doesn't dictate a need for it with most compounds (var in particular actually has a positive impact on thyroid output ime).
Thanks for the response. But to clarify, I was more interested in what/how they interact on a cut.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Using t3 while trying to gain weight is just counterproductive and stupid.

However using it on blast where you are leading into a meet and need to keep within a weight range could have some merit....

This was also along my thought process. BUT... If the catabolism made you weaker, then that would really defeat the purpose of peaking altogether.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. But to clarify, I was more interested in what/how they interact on a cut.

In that case, as Doc said, it would depend on the dose of T3 as well as the amount of gear your running, size of the deficit, time frame and so on.
I know a lot of intelligent members adore T3 but I'm really not one of them. On a cut I usually go with a replacement dose to take into account the drop off in t4>t3 conversion and the fact that most AAS do result in a drop off in thyroid output (both occur less in women btw). I calculate the dosing based off BW but its usually 25-50mcg (sometimes 75mcg, never higher) for men and rarely higher than 25mcg for women.

T3, like Clen from a few years ago, has become extremely overrated across the boards IMO. If the goal is to keep within a weight range when peaking, I'd rather rely on manipulating calories than chancing it with a catabolic hormone.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
In that case, as Doc said, it would depend on the dose of T3 as well as the amount of gear your running, size of the deficit, time frame and so on.
I know a lot of intelligent members adore T3 but I'm really not one of them. On a cut I usually go with a replacement dose to take into account the drop off in t4>t3 conversion and the fact that most AAS do result in a drop off in thyroid output (both occur less in women btw). I calculate the dosing based off BW but its usually 25-50mcg (sometimes 75mcg, never higher) for men and rarely higher than 25mcg for women.

T3, like Clen from a few years ago, has become extremely overrated across the boards IMO. If the goal is to keep within a weight range when peaking, I'd rather rely on manipulating calories than chancing it with a catabolic hormone.
Sounds reasonable. I have noticed that a lot of people love it, just like clen. I have tried clen a few times and honestly I don't see a point unless someone is running a contest prep and needs every possible ounce of fat gone. I would think t3 would be a little more potent, but IMO if it's (for example) only a ~10% boost in fat loss, there's really no need for us mere civilians to piss with it.

I just always like learning new things.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable. I have noticed that a lot of people love it, just like clen. I have tried clen a few times and honestly I don't see a point unless someone is running a contest prep and needs every possible ounce of fat gone. I would think t3 would be a little more potent, but IMO if it's (for example) only a ~10% boost in fat loss, there's really no need for us mere civilians to piss with it.

I just always like learning new things.

Clen's popularity has gone down a bit since the rise of Albuterol (less sides but also less effective). I remember a few years ago newbies would pop up with their clen only "cycles"...it was ridiculously overrated back then.
The problem with Clen of course is that it stops working fairly quickly (2 weeks) and even with ketotifen in the mix we're still talking maybe 8 weeks max - that's why you'll see most people only recommend Clen if your fairly lean to begin with.

The current fad seems to be super high T3 doses with everything, which I just don't understand.
At least Clen is anti-catabolic, but T3 goes through both fat and muscle with no discrimination either way...no bueno. A replacement dose to counteract certain hormonal adaptations that occur from AAS use and/or dieting is one thing (I approve), a super high dose based on misunderstood pharmacology is another (don't approve).

In terms of potency, combining both is better than either in isolation since the synergy is pretty strong (approx. 20% boost).

Last edited:

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Clen's popularity has gone down a bit since the rise of Albuterol (less sides but also less effective). I remember a few years ago newbies would pop up with their clen only "cycles"...it was ridiculously overrated back then.
The problem with Clen of course is that it stops working fairly quickly (2 weeks) and even with ketotifen in the mix we're still talking maybe 8 weeks max - that's why you'll see most people only recommend Clen if your fairly lean to begin with.

The current fad seems to be super high T3 doses with everything, which I just don't understand.
At least Clen is anti-catabolic, but T3 goes through both fat and muscle with no discrimination either way...no bueno. A replacement dose to counteract certain hormonal adaptations that occur from AAS use and/or dieting is one thing (I approve), a super high dose based on misunderstood pharmacology is another (don't approve).

In terms of potency, combining both is better than either in isolation since the synergy is pretty strong (approx. 20% boost).

Assuming you meant clen/t3 synergy?

Also, would you mind expanding on the hormonal adaptations with AAS you mentioned?

You're a hell of a lot more informative than google.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yep, weight/sides based hence many assume that females and males respond differently....

Happy to have chat offline as not to bore others if you'd like!

good to be corrected here and there. thanks

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
Great info thank u. I have a female friend that would love to try t3.

New Threads