Knee Wrapping

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looks like the person doing the wrapping was losing allot of tightness when he was going around his knee. The power lifters in my gym have this knee wrap thing that wraps the wraps super tight before u wrap making it very tight when u wrap the knee.
Very good form on the wrap. Thanks for the video

We pretension the wraps with a wrap roller. Prob the same or similar to what your guys use. Believe me when I say they are cranked tight. I penguin walk my way to the bar.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We pretension the wraps with a wrap roller. Prob the same or similar to what your guys use. Believe me when I say they are cranked tight. I penguin walk my way to the bar.

Worst part is trying to stand up if you wrap yourself.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Bunch of rookies. Lololol

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looks like the person doing the wrapping was losing allot of tightness when he was going around his knee. The power lifters in my gym have this knee wrap thing that wraps the wraps super tight before u wrap making it very tight when u wrap the knee.
Very good form on the wrap. Thanks for the video

Hi...

That was me.

The wraps are pretensioned.

They aren't some cheesy Inzer gripper that quadrupled in length at 70% tension.

No I wasn't losing tension. Maybe you missed the part where I would pass under the knee and then crank it. You don't ever cinch them on the knee cap.

Don't you squat in a smith?

Come at me bro

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I actually like and have enjoyed the loose wrap Pob suggested I do recently. I've always wrapped myself and I do a pretty tight fuking wrap. By the time I was done I was winded and sweating like a pig. Now with a looser wrap I can still get a good bounce with some heavy weight without killing myself before. But of course I'm not going for any prs's with this.

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score

Lol love that feeling. Penguin walks are the best to heavy ass deep squats .

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
Hi...

That was me.

They aren't some cheesy Inzer gripper that quadrupled in length at 70% tension.

No I wasn't losing tension. Maybe you missed the part where I would pass under the knee and then crank it. You don't ever cinch them on the knee cap.

Come at me bro

Lmao hahaha good one. Guy squats on a smith machine and never hears the end of it .

schultz1

Honorary VIP
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hi...

That was me.

They aren't some cheesy inzer gripper that quadrupled in length at 70% tension.

No i wasn't losing tension. Maybe you missed the part where i would pass under the knee and then crank it. You don't ever cinch them on the knee cap.

Come at me bro

smith machine for life

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wrapped again yesterday and may have found the issue I was having. When wrapping loosely for lighter sets my hamstring felt like it was going to snap but I played around with the wrap and wrapping it tighter actually felt way better. I wonder why this is.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone go pretty high up the quad? Tried this yesterday and it felt really good. Like it was dispersing the pressure throughout my leg more instead of just the knee.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone go pretty high up the quad? Tried this yesterday and it felt really good. Like it was dispersing the pressure throughout my leg more instead of just the knee.

I do. One wrap above the tear drop.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
I'll have to take a vid of mine sometime and see what you guys think

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I do. One wrap above the tear drop.

I also like mine wrapped high on the quad. I start with the top of the wrap at the crest of the back of my knee and make five wraps up then an x across my knee then another couple of wraps across the last one on the top. I know guys like POB though that prefer more around the back of their knee though. This is a good thread.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I also like mine wrapped high on the quad. I start with the top of the wrap at the crest of the back of my knee and make five wraps up then an x across my knee then another couple of wraps across the last one on the top. I know guys like POB though that prefer more around the back of their knee though. This is a good thread.

Once you get experience in wraps it becomes an individual preference. Everyone likes to be wrapped a little different.

But remember, packing as much fabric behind the knee as you can is what makes the wraps really work for you.

New Threads