Antidepressants and Steroids

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
I can also add that mirtazapine made me crazy hungry and sleepy and the withdrawals from coming off effexor are absolutely horrible

xanax made me so hungry its ridiculous and coming off those is hidious as well

Merlin

Reaction score
Care to elaborate?

I interpreted his post as I don't know anything about it, but you will be fine anyways so just take it. Seemed to me as bad advice, especially when dealing with multiple medications and SSRIs can have very detrimental consequences when mixed with certain drugs. Not something I would give advice on if i knew nothing about. However, it may not interact with gear I was just referring to the comment itself.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I interpreted his post as I don't know anything about it, but you will be fine anyways so just take it. Seemed to me as bad advice, especially when dealing with multiple medications and SSRIs can have very detrimental consequences when mixed with certain drugs. Not something I would give advice on if i knew nothing about. However, it may not interact with gear I was just referring to the comment itself.

It’s an answer I might have given is why I asked.

I know a lot about psych meds and SSRIs, and studying and taking anabolic is lifestyle for me.

While I don’t really know if there are interactions, I doubt there are.

But interactions are different than effects and the effects some anabolics can have in people with some types of pathological mental illness can be nasty. But the same goes for long lists of other types of drugs too.

I agree that the poster is probably less informed than he should be but I don’t see his advice being reckless or wrong, per se.

Thanks for elaborating.

Last edited:

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If your 5yrs away from starting a run, just clean up before things (1yr) and you should be fine. Id do bloods to see where things are at a few times at and keep watch

New Threads