21 5'9 male 160 pounds

Reaction score
Hi

I was told to make a new member post...

I'm 5'9 160 pounds....

here are some pictures i took of my body right now.

IMG_20181108_214820.jpgIMG_20181108_214856.jpg

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to The Underground.

Please tell us about yourself and your goals.

How may we help you?

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Continuing our chatbox discussion here and running with the assumption you’re not trolling. I’ll rely on Jin’s extra sense to make that call.

At 5’9 140lbs should not be your goal. More like 160-165.

You don’t need to cut, you need to recomp.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whats hiding in those Calvin Kleins?

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Also, can you document your DNP usage? You mentioned a few runs taking you from 200 down to 160.

also a note for others reading. His current thoughts are to continue DNP and was looking for sibutramine to help with food cravings.

Reaction score
Also, can you document your DNP usage? You mentioned a few runs taking you from 200 down to 160.

also a note for others reading. His current thoughts are to continue DNP and was looking for sibutramine to help with food cravings.

So yes, I did use DNP I believe starting july I used it for a while I had some weeks where I didn't take it but have been on it and went from 200 to 160... I was reading in places where you can't build muscle on a calorie deficit so I just thought there was no point in trying to go to the gym yet until I get down to a body weight where I'm skinny and just then go on a 150-250 calorie surplus to gain muscle slowly.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
DNP? Are u serious? Get on the treadmill and burn the fat....U want abs, that takes alot of work....Diet, training, cardio.....Wont happen with DNP being the focus.....So stop eating Dominos Pizza and drinking Coors Light.....

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
You can build muscle while on a normal deficit (think 500-1000 calories) since you’re new to lifting. You’ll eventually hit a point where your body won’t add more while in a deficit but you’re a long way off.

Search the board for “skinny fat” and you’ll see the situation you’re in. No matter how much you lose there’s nothing firm underneath. You should already have abs showing at 160. The issue is you don’t have a base of muscle to show.

Get in a healthy non-chemically induced deficit and focus on building a solid base. Learn about compound movements and work them. Don’t worry about isolation work until later. Hit your compounds and do a small amount of cardio. Stay accurate on your calories though. Personally I think you should only aim for a 500cal deficit so you don’t impact the recomp effort.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
DNP? Are u serious? Get on the treadmill and burn the fat....U want abs, that takes alot of work....Diet, training, cardio.....Wont happen with DNP being the focus.....So stop eating Dominos Pizza and drinking Coors Light.....
But that helps the gains, which is what he needs! Lmao

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
All you need right now is to have a healthy well balanced diet and start the gym. Get into a routine for 6-12 months and that will have a significant effect on your body. Nothing complicated find a healthy diet and workout plan that you enjoy so you stick to it. After 6 months of getting into a routine then change it up to hit your goals. Good luck and welcome aboard

Reaction score
What's a good workout plan for me if I were to be on a 500 calorie deficit? I looked in the bodybuilding section and can't find one for beginners

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
What's a good workout plan for me if I were to be on a 500 calorie deficit? I looked in the bodybuilding section and can't find one for beginners

I would recommend either a full body workout or an upper body lower body split.

Google beginner full body workout
Beginner upper lower split

cone back with questions.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Since based on the sounds of things you are just starting out, keep it simple. Pick a routine youre going to enjoy. None of it is easy and none of it is quick. It all takes time and effort.

Listen to the guys here, they will get you going in the right direction.......but avoid any invitations from FD, thats just asking for trouble.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Elivo is 100% right enjoyment is what will keep you going long term

Since based on the sounds of things you are just starting out, keep it simple. Pick a routine youre going to enjoy. None of it is easy and none of it is quick. It all takes time and effort.

Listen to the guys here, they will get you going in the right direction.......but avoid any invitations from FD, thats just asking for trouble.

New Threads