Stupid pump bent over rows 315lbs barbell rows....

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score

Love those stop and pull bent over rows for building good mass in the back..
Why do you like them?
Why do you hate them?
Or do you even lift bro?

My back and bicep workout..
Bent over rows 5x10-15
Single arm Lat pull down 4x15
Hammer machine rows 4x12
Behind back Lat pull down 4x10
Alternating db curls 4x15
Single arm cable curls 4x12
Cable rows 4x15
Super set
Hammer curls 4x10
Hyperextensions 3x15
Super set
Machine curls 3xfailure

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
If I didn't get such bad back pumps I would do barbell rows after pulling every week. One of the best back exercises out there. That and old school tbar rows.

Nice vid salty

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
If I didn't get such bad back pumps I would do barbell rows after pulling every week. One of the best back exercises out there. That and old school tbar rows.

Nice vid salty

Thanks man...
It's they heavy hyperextension that give me the worst back pumps where I have to lay down cause I can't stand from it.. the pump locks up my lower back and brings me down.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Thanks man...
It's they heavy hyperextension that give me the worst back pumps where I have to lay down cause I can't stand from it.. the pump locks up my lower back and brings me down.

Back pumps are the devil. I'm finally getting them under control which is a great thing. If I keep my hammies and hips/glutes stretched and loose then Im good. But they have ruined more workouts than I can count.

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
Back pumps are the devil. I'm finally getting them under control which is a great thing. If I keep my hammies and hips/glutes stretched and loose then Im good. But they have ruined more workouts than I can count.

It's the lower back pumps that have made me walk out of the gym all together before. Like u I got to make sure I'm damn good and warmed up or this old body will fall apart.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I seriously gotta figure something out for us guys that get crippled by these things...

It's some connection between the abductors, and QL. I am going thru this now with the high volume I am doing. Paused squats, front squats, RDL, hyperextension, reverse hyper all set it off bad.

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
I seriously gotta figure something out for us guys that get crippled by these things...

It's some connection between the abductors, and QL. I am going thru this now with the high volume I am doing. Paused squats, front squats, RDL, hyperextension, reverse hyper all set it off bad.

I hang from the pull up bar stretching everything out, foam role, do many other stretches and when it flares up nothing can stop it from crippling me. That would be bad ass if u found the secret to this mystery.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score

Pillar if u ever figure it out I will give u a handy. Seriously though I watch guys like Jesse Norris do sets of 10 15 and 20 on squat and deadlift with no belt on and wonder why they don't get pumps like that. It's not that my lower back is weak, because it's very strong actually, but it has to do with the blood flow to the erectors or something. I hope someone figures this shit out some day. Hopefully before I die. Lol

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
I would guess one reason is its due to an anterior pelvic tilt. I'd assume you guys have that as well as myself. Those erectors are hypertonic.... Strong pulls btw salty keep it up brother.

Last edited:

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Rows and Tbar rows have always been my go-to aside from deadlift. For back the rest is all hogwash.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hang from the pull up bar stretching everything out, foam role, do many other stretches and when it flares up nothing can stop it from crippling me. That would be bad ass if u found the secret to this mystery.

^^ THIS ^^ I tend to use a dip belt with a couple plates for a good stretch on back and leg days.