'Weight loss drugs' - dosages

Reaction score
I read an article tonight on the use of a variety of drugs that are used successfully by those who aren't in a regime of bodybuilding or general gym-goers. I've researched other articles also and found the same issue; dosing. Many of the articles suggest and recommend a glucophage - in this instance Metformin. I bought some online and have been using it to some varying success. However I'm not taking a 1g dose. So this is my question: immediate or sustained release Metformin for maximum results?

I'm not expecting miracles, I am aware that there needs to be input on my behalf so I'm attempting to reduce my prednesolone dosage from 30mg to something like 10mg where the cushingoid and fatty formation side effects aren't as evident. I've changed my diet and I'm increasing the amount of exercise in my life by teaching PE twice a week and going to the pool twice a week too.

My second question is regarding the use of Salbutamol. I'm aware that the side effects of Salbutamol are less than Clenbuterol which makes me slightly worried. Again, what dosing is required to achieve a good result? Another site suggested cycling the salbutamol; what would any of you suggest?

Please don't post anything telling me that I need to change lots and lots in my life - I'm aware, but I'm looking at the medication side of things for the moment. Unless there's something more potent with less side effects I'd rather keep the discussion on Metformin and Salbutamol.

Thank you in advance!

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why don't you post an intro with your gender, age, stats, and goals? Impossible to answer your questions without that information.

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
Metformin will result in weight loss via all the diarrhea it causes.

I would go with an EC Stack over Albuterol personally.

Reaction score
To be honest, I haven't heard of either of those medications, but I'm in agreement with MT on this one. E/C stack never fails; go with what's worked for years... Also, if you could give us some stats/ goals that would be helpful. No sense in loosing weight without an idea of how to keep it off if that makes sense.
-Rev

Reaction score
I'm a five foot five male currently weighing in at between 51 and 54kg. I'm on prednesolone and methotrexate for severe SJIA.
Aside from height and weight I know no other stats. I'm not a gym-goer or a bodybuilder, I'm just trying to find as much help to lose the weight gain from the pred. as I can.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm a five foot five male currently weighing in at between 51 and 54kg. I'm on prednesolone and methotrexate for severe SJIA.
Aside from height and weight I know no other stats. I'm not a gym-goer or a bodybuilder, I'm just trying to find as much help to lose the weight gain from the pred. as I can.

Whats your age?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Taking a weight-loss drug while on corticosteroids just screams "I don't want muscles." Catabolic as hell...

Reaction score
Whats your age?

I'm 26.

PillarofBalance said:
Taking a weight-loss drug while on corticosteroids just screams "I don't want muscles." Catabolic as hell...

To be honest right now I'd rather lose some of the weight from the pred. rather than keep gaining weight and feeling hungry all the time.

Unfortunately after being down at a good 5mg I had an episode of IRIS from a past chest infection and so I'm now back up to between 30 and 40mg a day. Thus my questioning for the weight loss as opposed to wanting to build muscle.

Reaction score
Must be that time of the year....Ephedrine (bronkaid) works well stacked with aspirin/caffeine (ECA). Or Adderall (don't recommend this) ...and #1 diet and exercise that includes both lifting & cardio. Eat high protein, keep carbs before and after workouts. Testosterone or other AAS can help counteract catabolic drugs but you can still hinder your gains.