Bloodwork concerns

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was getting my cycle all planned out for mid summer and I went in to get some preliminary bloods done. So far I was able to get a CBC, Metabolic panel, lipid panel, and TSH from my doctor. the tests that concerned me were:

WHITE BLOOD COUNT 3.7 thou/cu mm
ALT (SGPT) 51 IU
AST (SGOT) 57 IU/L

These tests were taken in the morning on a 13 hour fast if it makes a difference. So the nurse called me and told me it appears that the concerns are a low WBC and elevated liver enzymes. Now I know this is something I need to take up with my doctor, but my questions to you guys are:
. What can I do to help lower enzyme levels?
. Why would I have a low WBC?

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated. To answer the questions I'm guessing you will ask; I don't drink, haven't ran a cycle, only supps I am taking are creatine, bcaas, fishoil, and a multi

-Rev

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Have you recently donated blood? Your liver values aren't to bad. Have you run any orals or drink a lot?

Reaction score
I have not donated blood and this will be my first cycle. I used to drink but haven't had anything for two years. Another thing was that my blood pressure was a little low: 100/76. Also, I had my bloods done about a year ago and these same enzymes were elevated.

Reaction score
Those liver enzyme numbers aren't that bad, they're not that high over normal range...I wouldn't be too concerned about it. It could be caused from anything, medications, supplements, too much protein, drugs etc.. etc..as for the WBC I believe normal range is (3.4-10.8) so its still within normal range? I wouldn't worry about that either.

Reaction score
I haven't really consulted with the doc, the nurse just called and said the doc wants to retest in 4-6 weeks, so that's what I'm doing for now. Glad to hear it's nothing to be too worried about.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Liver enzymes can be elevated for many reasons (including lifting) and shouldn't be relied upon as an indicate of anything....GGT and Bilirubin give you a much better idea of what's really going on.
NAC at 1200mg will lower them regardless.

If your WBC was similar last year, and you don't have any symptoms to suggest something nastier is lurking in the shadows, then I wouldn't worry about this at all.

New Threads